1/32 scratch-build Mil Mi-24

Guest Martinnfb

Indeed Martin!

In fact just last week I had the honour of seeing this very model in the flesh and spending a few hours with its creator! A brilliant and very kind gentleman who spent the afternoon answering my many questions on how he achieves such stunning work. Mind you, this did take him 15 years to build!

Craig

It's one of a few Kev. The Loire, like all his other creations are absolutely perfect. I got to see this first hand too, he even trusted me to hold it for a photo.....I wouldn't!

I'll post the pic when I get home at the end of the month.

What was indeed surprising is that he, his wife and mother-in-law, who only spoke Ukranian, all worked for the Antonov design bureau in their former lives. His two sons are also highly accomplished modellers.

It seems there is no end of talent in that family!

If anyone is ever traveling through Edmonton, Alberta, you should drop him a line. He will be more than happy to show you where the magic happens. I made the detour on my trip and I'm sure glad I did!

Blimey

Paint was applied by airbrush. The interior is finished with authentic colors supplied by the manufacturer. The exterior is painted with Tamiya acrylics. All markings are hand masked and all text was stenciled with templates hand cut under a microscope.