Nice work on the 190, and good on you for returning to this build!

Thanks.  Hope to finish this before the apocalypse.

Now that's interesting.  The 190 looks amazing; I'm looking forward to more on the 88 with pleasure.  I'm really curious about those fully-open gear bays!

Thanks Chuk.  I'm mulling over the gear bay option. 

Fantastic start. Fw190 is masterpeace 

Thanks Misha.

TAIL WHEEL WELL

I was going to use one of my ProfiModeler Tail Wheel Well for this build.  I decided to save it for another Ju88 build and do some scratch work.

Ju88_TailWheelWell.03.jpg

Ribs cut out of 100lb cardboard.

Ju88_TailWheelWell.01.jpg

Stringers, panel created with styrene rod, "U" channel and sheets.  Fuel dump hose is solder inserted in heat shrink tube.  Tube heated and shrinks around the solder then tube will hold shape and bends.

Ju88_TailWheelWell.04.jpg

Ju88_TailWheelWell.05.jpg

Stringers added to inside of fuselage.

Ju88_Rudder.06.jpg

Black primer applied.  Not too overly concerned with perfection as most will be barely visible.

Ju88_TailWheelWell.07.jpg

Alclad Aluminum applied followed by a wash of diluted clear yellow/orange.  That's right no RLM 02.  Wire will be brake lines for the tail wheel.

Ju88_Rudder.07.jpg

Not perfect coverage.  Will suffice when detail is visible through the wheel well opening.

EZ6 DIRECTION FINDER

AIM conversion provides a resin direction finder and a vacu-formed spine to replace kit part #7.  My main concern is keeping structural strength along the spine.  I opted to cut out the clear window for the EZ6.  Thank you James Hatch for this tip.

Ju88_EZ6_DirectionFinder.01.jpg

Following the panel lines I trimmed the clear component to house the EZ6 Direction Finder.

Ju88_EZ6_DirectionFinder.02.jpg

Trim complete.  Will cut out the panel from the kit part and install the clear cover.

Nice work Rick

Must get back to my G-6 some time... where have I stored it... gulp!

PS - I opened up the main gear doors to do some more detail.... regretted it about half an hour later... :)

Matt

Any pics?  Actually I am considering not using the main gear detail set. 

Impressive work, Rick! I really like it.

Kev

Cheers Kev.

• 2 months later...

PACKED AWAY

I found myself working on 3 difficult resin kits/conversions at the same time.  Frankly it was driving me nuts.  Lost my MoJo.

That said, I am boxing up my Ju88G1 Mistel 2 conversion for now.  I am also going to closely evaluate doing this project, with the Fw190A8 Mistel 2, as a flying dio. 

Recently, Haagen Klaus gave me some coaching on preparing a large build project to be displayed in flight.   Haagen masterfully completed an In-Flight Refueling build with a 1:72 KC10 Extender, C5 Galaxy and NRF4C Phantom II.

My plan is to show the moment of release of the Ju88G1 from the Fw190A8.  Stay tuned.