11 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:51 AM

HI everyone,

We have finally had enough of E bay, and will be phasing out our E by a Store over the next month.  Please help spread the word as we are getting a web store started and hope to have it up in a few weeks.  During this transition time you can order direct from us or pick up items at our scheduled events.

Vtr,

Gary

• Luca, timvkampen, kap64 and 11 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:06 AM

Thank you for leting us know my friend. I do believe this will be a win/ win deal for all around. I look forward to seeing your new web site.....Harv
  • Rick Griewski, Harold, Peterpools and 1 other like this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#3 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

Good for you Gary! Ebay used to be a great place to move things, but now it's a place for scammers to find their next victim. One complaint, bam! Seller has lost their goods and money. And let's not even talk about the rates. I'd love to see more sellers do as you are doing to tell ebay to return to their roots and quit trying to be Amazon.
  • Harold, harvey, David66 and 4 others like this

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

Scott,   Well said an all too true.  E Bay does not seem to care about anyone but buyers.   I guess sellers with 99.9% positive feedback and who generate 6 figure sales and pay 5 figures fee numbers are not important to them.   It really bothered me that their negative changes forced us to charge more for the same item on E bay than we did for a direct sale.   We have just outgrown them and time to move on.

• Harold, harvey, David66 and 3 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#5 K5IKL

K5IKL

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Well, that now explains why I just go a notice from ebay that a particular item was no longer

available when it said 10 were still in stock.  Always like to order from you direct anyway and will be looking

forward to the new webstore.  Up and on to bigger and greater things Gary.

Cheers,

Jerry   :piliot:

• harvey and Peterpools like this

#6 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

Gary

Good luck with the Web store and I'll pass the word as well. :)

Peter

• harvey and CANicoll like this

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#7 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Well, that now explains why I just go a notice from ebay that a particular item was no longer

available when it said 10 were still in stock.  Always like to order from you direct anyway and will be looking

forward to the new webstore.  Up and on to bigger and greater things Gary.

Cheers,

Jerry   :piliot:

What do you need Jerry?   I have everything in stock.   I just need your PayPal email address and your item list to invoice you.

Gary

Good luck with the Web store and I'll pass the word as well. :)

Peter

Thanks Peter.

I am going to increase use of the Facebook page.  MY hope is that the Web site will take over for both the E bay customers and fellow LSPr's, and I then will have time to update the Facebook page and interact with modelers.

• phantomdriver, harvey and David66 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#8 K5IKL

K5IKL

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:16 AM

What do you need Jerry?   I have everything in stock.   I just need your PayPal email address and your item list to invoice you.

Nothing in particular at the moment Gary.  Yesterday I was looking at what you had on ebay and was taking particular notice of

the Navy and AF seamless intakes.  And you know ebay, once you look at something they start sending you email notices about

it, thus the notice this morning about the intakes being no longer available.  I do plan on ordering a couple of sets here in the near

future.

Jerry

• harvey likes this

#9 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Just an update.   Hope to have the website open next week with our most popular items, and then add the remaining items ASAP.

Thx for all of the support and encouragement!

Gary

• harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#10 Jim E

Jim E

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Great! I was looking to get some F-105 and F4 parts

Jim

#11 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

H

Great! I was looking to get some F-105 and F4 parts

Jim

I Jim,

Just order direct by PM or e mail.  All I need is your order and Pay Pal email address and I will send you an invoice for payment.

Thx,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

#12 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Gary, glad you are doing well enough to need your own store. Good luck!

• Harold and CANicoll like this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users