Revell BF-110G-4 Update: Now using Cyber Hobby kit....

Daniel460

Wow, Dan! I must've missed your build completely as I haven't even commented on it! Hope you've made some progress...

Hey Shaka,

This thread has been hiding a few pages back for a while as I haven't had the time to work on it. I've been able to do a few things, hope to post them up soon. :)

Thanks for stopping by...:)

Dan

Dan, how much ref material you want?

I have 6 books I've collected on the '110 I could let you borrow

:)

Hey Shawn, 

I have the Squadron walk around and the BF-110 c,d and e book so I have what I need so far. If I need one I will keep you in mind, Thanks for the offer....:)

Dan

• 3 months later...

Dan,

I'm digging up this thread in the hopes it will inspire you to restart your build..

I'm in the reference and parts gathering stage at this point..

I also have the Dragon Dackelbauch but it never occurred to me to source parts from it.

Time to start digging thru boxes

Cheers, Ian

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still slowly working on this beast. I was hoping a conversion was coming out that I could use but I guess it will be a while. So I'll trudge on.... :doh:

I'm trying to get all the components in the radio/gunners compartment built up. I really can't do any "pretty work" yet until I get everything to fit. Because the Revell kit is off in some areas I'm having to "eyeball" the size of the parts and hope they all fit together... :hmmm: I already had to redo all the bulkheads and the IP to make them taller, the floor sat to high in the fuse.

Ordered some Airscale PE instrument bezels and decals, really nice stuff!

OGIfbe.jpg

My new conversion set.......... :mental:

JQkBhD.jpg

Made some "bump" for the engine nacelle's.

49zCwl.jpg

I know they are a little big at the moment but I will be faring them in to have a better look.

NzuNcv.jpg

Port and starboard ammo boxes for the 20mm guns. 

1R574K.jpg

Mg-81Z ammo box, need to add the divider and the front latch.

fKnWQx.jpg

Air cylinder for the MG/FF Schrage Musik.

51Nln0.jpg

Morse code transmitter made on a piece of channel, part in the back round is a set of switches that mount on the port side ledge.

9FI12R.jpg

This part is mounted on the starboard side ammo box, not sure what it is yet... :hmmm:

UJF6qN.jpg

I'm still going to get this done....may need to be moved to works in progress but I'll get her done. 

Comments/suggestions always welcome.

Dan

Thanks gents! Hopefully a update real soon.  :)

nice work, and yes....the airscale stuff is fan'freaking'tastic

Yep, I used their gauge bezels to build up the IP and found the IP to be to short to fit the needed gauges. So I made the IP taller to fit all the gauges....then I had to lower the floor. I figured that the Airscale parts were "in-scale" and the Revell stuff was not..... :whistle:

A question for the experts. The DB 601 engines in the 110E-2, were they the same engine block and heads as the DB-605? The best that I can tell is that the bore was increased and a larger supercharger was used and of course the magneto mounting. Mozart has me intrigued with the straight Eberspacher exhaust system. I want to use the engine to mock up the exhaust system in a cowl. (try)  :)

Second question/request, anyone have a photo of the port side radio/gunners wall of the 110G-4 that they would like to share?  :)

Thanks, 

Dan

A question for the experts. The DB 601 engines in the 110E-2, were they the same engine block and heads as the DB-605? The best that I can tell is that the bore was increased and a larger supercharger was used and of course the magneto mounting.

It appears so ...  https://www.mbca.org/star-article/may-june-2013/mighty-daimler-benz-aero-engines-1934-194