Revell/Lodela 1/32 Typhoon MK1B

Shawn M

Canons, elevators, antennae wires and exhaust are on

the initial selected panel wash of paynes grey is drying

off to run some errands then the sepia wash goes down and the flat coat!

So far so good and I will have pics up tonight

Troy, Thank you for the complient and for stopping by!

this is the last plane for the year, going to push my comfort zone with armor, cars, ships and figures (eek)

So I googled it, and learn something new.

Horned lizards use a wide variety of means to avoid predation. Their coloration generally serves as camouflage. When threatened, their first defense is to remain still to avoid detection. If approached too closely, they generally run in short bursts and stop abruptly to confuse the predator's visual acuity. If this fails, they puff up their bodies to cause them to appear more horned and larger, so that they are more difficult to swallow. At least eight species (P. asioP. cornutumP. coronatumP. ditmarsiP. hernandesiP. orbiculareP. solare, and P. taurus) are also able to squirt an aimed stream of blood from the corners of the eyes for a distance of up to 5 feet (1.5 m).[1][2][3][4] They do this by restricting the blood flow leaving the head, thereby increasing blood pressure and rupturing tiny vessels around the eyelids. This not only confuses predators, but also the blood tastes foul to canine and feline predators. It appears to have no effect against predatory birds. Only three closely related species (P. mcalliiP. modestum, and P. platyrhinos) are certainly known to be unable to squirt blood.[2] To avoid being picked up by the head or neck, a horned lizard ducks or elevates its head and orients its cranial horns straight up, or back. If a predator tries to take it by the body, the lizard drives that side of its body down into the ground so the predator cannot easily get its lower jaw underneath.

Man, 32 pages of an awesome Jurassic build going on here Gents and gals. A typical period over-engineered British front spar tucked into the wheel well. Then followed by an awesome cockpit. I remember the armored glass section thinking to myself, what the heck were you doing? Ha. Not to mention a fully scribed bird. Wow. Well done Shawn. Thanks for sharing this journey with the gang. Superb early Typhoon.

And then you tell us your going to build a damn tank? Haha. Just kidding dude. Love the efforts here.

Troy