He-111P, night raids over the British Isles

Guest Martinnfb

Great project Martin.

I was at brunch with my parents and my in laws today. My mother in law was mentioning how she was in London during the Blitz and then they were sent to a relatives place in Scotland to avoid the constant bombing. Your post of the London tube pics really brings that into closer perspective.

Carl

Thank you for the support guys.

Jan I am glad that you are enjoying my unorthodox approach :)

Thank You for sharing Carl, I can't imagine how horrible such an experience could be, I am ever so thankful for living in peace.

And here is a little side project that Iam working on with my 5 year old. :)....Velociraptors are protecting their eggs, maybe not exactly velociraptor, but Spielberg screwed up and it's contagious .

FjjgaOH.jpg

back to the point, it is almost 1AM, so just a brief recap of past hour of glue vaporizing. Interior is extremely bare, considering the fact that it is enclosed in highly transparent green house. The pilot seat mount is non existing as well as the mechanical installation of the control system. Those were the two things I started today. Nothing crazy, just the schematics of it. 

and I have some sick surprise for followers of the sliding door phenomenon :)

r4aUsPk.jpg

Every bit you add to the interior, helps.

Thank You Gaz, hopefully somebody will take the time to look inside. After Hawker fighters this is the most complex interior I've ever encounter . Looking at that picture I have noticed that bombardier jump seat is sitting on thick vertical stabs, that had to be replaced with a diagonal strut, not today though 

Nighty Night

M.

Added some conduits on the floor and mechanism for the control column with oxygen hose, bracket, rivets , jump-seat support was removed and replaced with the proper diagonal,etc. Also working on the centre console. I wish that Revell would engender the sidewall connection differently. I am dreading the gunners compartment , it is basically empty, but the real deal is incredibly flavourful and fairly visible through the turret or what ever is that hole in the ceiling . :)

Thanks for looking guys, I'll be back after midnight 

LWSAdyR.jpg

Dam buddy, your really filling up the pit. Looks awesome !........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harvey, it is very busy looking space and in this scale there is no way to leave it empty.

wow, that's an awesome amount of work.  Great research and scratch building.  Just out of curiosity, are there any AM solutions to interior detailing with this kit, or is scratch kind of the only option?

Thank You. Yes, surely there is Eduard photo etched set and HpHs or CMK's resin interior. Other than that not much, I am going to be using Eduard instruments that comes in RLM 02 which wasn't the case for many He-111P, (unless proven otherwise ), HGW sea belts and Master barrels . I need to also figure something out and replace the tires as well. The ones provided in the kit are too wide and squarish looking.

I think those might be like pinch clips

that hold the doors closed.

111pit.jpg

???????

Thank You Mike, I was thinking along the lines of a ballistic protection hangers, in form of curtain or so. Still confused....:)

Check the video here:

https://youtu.be/0QhvhQgIIls?t=183

also a little bit later you get another view.

Jari

Thank You Jari, Great detail could be observed in that movie, need to take my time and brake it down segment by segment.

Cheers

Martin