1/32 F15C Eagle (Tamiya + extras) ***** FINISHED *****

Jer

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so I'll introduce myself.

I'm Jer, I've been modelling planes for many years but i have only ever worked on 72 scale but predominately 48 scale. I normally post on Britmodeller but when researching into this build I ended up here, so it seemed sensible to share what I'm doing with you guys as this forum is all about the Larger scales.

Thought I'd cut my teeth on the Tamiya F15C (my fav plane) and purchased as much AM stuff for it as possible.

So here is my starting point........

16131567332_4d6aa1937a_z.jpg

15944875658_ba0dbdf012_z.jpg

I'll post more pics as I start to throw it together!

Cheers

Jer

Edited by Jer

Welcome Jer, good to see you here on LSP. Thanks for signing up and sharing your Eagle build.

You may or may not know but Gary of GT Resin is a member here so if you need to ask any questions regarding his products you can get the answers straight from the source. Check out the Sponsor forums.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one all goes together and how the aftermarket fits.

Cheers.

Ok, started to look at commencing the build and I will start as per normal with the pit.

This F15 needs to have had the MSIP upgrades but I'm looking for advice as to which of the following instrument faces is most accurate/correct as it's getting a bit confusing.

I have to hand the Aires late pit, the Eduard Interior PE set and the Wolfpack MSIP II set

16142383746_40bb029f53_z.jpg

I'll appreciate any advice......

Edited by Jer

First off I have purchased a couple of books. Using the pictures in them of MSIP pits have helped me decide to use the aries PE for the instruments and I will update the aries coaming to match the wolfpack one. Will probably try to cut the eduard PE to get the dial surrounds from that to add to the aries PE to make more 3D.

16193240752_8fea19005a_z.jpg

My last build was a Buccaneer and for the MDC on the underside of the canopy I was going to use a white acrylic pen to highlight it. I bottled it!.......but have a new use for it now.

16192162271_47b946d4da_z.jpg

16192166351_b9765a0b2b_z.jpg

Constructed the kits pit to understand what bits I need to remove and to compare to the aries one. The kit pit is really quite good and goes together well but for detail the aries pit is simply superb.

16194699001_beec88cdb2_z.jpg

Will need to drill a hole under the aries seat to cater for the front wheel well screw but will decide if I'll use the second screw when I get to that point.

16170714546_3468305868_z.jpg

During the test fitting I established what needle to be removed from the side walls.

16195749892_381119c393_z.jpg

Side walls tided up...

16196584305_0839a38d6c_z.jpg

First dry fit of aries pit and it's not too bad. It does show however the infamous gap at the rear. I'll use either the kits bulkhead or some plastic card to fill the gap.

16009571590_f31525ffe8_z.jpg

So I'm finally getting my hands dirty on this beast!!!

More updates soon.....

Very nice project. Love the way you enhanced the instruments with that acrylic pen.

That Aires cockpit looks superb. It even has the cutouts and detail in the sidewalls, haven't seen that on a model before.

Sincerely

Pascal