Tamiya Spitfire XVIe, a tribute to Edgar Brooks

geedubelyer

Hello all,

Thought I'd kick the year off be posting a couple of images of this tribute to Edgar Brooks.

I began this build during the GB but stalled when I got distracted.

During the holidays I have been able to re-visit it and finally finish my tribute to Edgar. Better late than never.

Hope you enjoy the end result.

586939e664e0e.jpg

58693aafc3dac.jpg

58693ad200122.jpg

58693aef7df23.jpg

58693b0d2e5dc.jpg

58693b51ab444.jpg

58693b6ad2adb.jpg

58693b81963a2.jpg

I had hoped to be able to display the model all buttoned up but the intake under the nose does n't want to come off anymore. :rolleyes:

I managed to batter the kit stencils into submission but chickened out with the larger markings which were masked and painted. sluggo kindly provided the masks which worked beautifully, thanks Randy.

The cannon are metal items and fitted perfectly. Really a top notch product.

Also, the wheels are resin items from Barracuda studios. Excellent product and heartily recommended.

The finish is Tamiya AS whizz can with a coat of clear gloss lacquer over it from Montana Gold spray cans.

I then toned that down in places with Valejo satin varnish before weathering with various mediums from Games Workshop inks through water colour pencils to pastel chalks.

I finally gave up trying to use Photobucket and reverted to Joomeo but it's a while since I use that site so hope the images show up for everyone.

Any comments, good or bad, are most welcome.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

Hi Carl, hi Thomas, thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

do you have anything on deck that you can share in the future?

Cheers,

Chuck

Hi Chuck, thanks for stopping by my friend, much appreciated.

The Tomcat and Eagle are always calling to me but I need to regain more enthusiasm before I re-visit either of those bad boys. I've been living vacariously with the great builds going on here on LSP.

For now I'm going to attempt to participate in the "Keep it civil" group build and construct the Revell ASK 21 glider that I won in 2015's LSP raffle. It's going to be quite a departure from what I'm used to making and that's for sure.

I did n't snap any close-ups in this sitting, sorry. Here's a link to the WIP which does show more:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=60215&page=7

Hope you are feeling better.

Happy New year guys.

Edited by geedubelyer

Thanks Mike, glad you like it.

Great to see you got the Spitfire completed, Guy!! Now about that Tomcat....

Don

Hi Don, good to see you. It was a relief to finally get back to this one and see it through. Wish I could have finished it in the GB though.

Ah yes, the Tomcat......perhaps 2017 is the year? :innocent:

Fantastic build, Guy, and fantastic to see it finished. May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Hi Kev, thanks. Of course mate, please feel free to add it to the website.

Andy, Shaka Hi and William, thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed seeing this one.

Cheers.