F-14 A Iranian Ali-Cat....

kaiyudsai

Here are some photos documenting my progress so far

Trumpeter Kit, Wolfpack IRIAF kit with decals and stencils, Eduard PE (Used the stuff for the D ) Brass M-61 cannon, etc etc

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

32011-3.jpg

32011-4.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

Aires Cockpit..... but the fit was horrible so I decided to build the kit one with the Eduard PE for the Tamiya Kit... yes lame... but I cursed Aires enough... and I may never buy another tub from them .

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

Pontos gun kit.... with Eduard PE....

IMG_3831.jpg

Nice work on the ali cat?

How is the fit of the wolfpack resin and can u make also the brown camo with the set?

I didnt know there was already a cockpit set from aires availibel for the trumpeter kit

Mark

Very nice, I have the same decal set and resin saved up for a future Ali cat project. Just need to finish what I have on table now. You are doing great and looks like a you're quick with your work. I'll be following this closely. Keep up the good work and take a lots of pic :)

those wheels are Resin.... from one of Aires's new lines... they were quite amazing ... some of the best resin wheels Ive ever seen.... I dont think Ive done them justice..... I considered getting another set and doing them over.... I didnt realize how fragile some of the fine detail on them was.... So I may redo...

Thanks for the comments.

Mark, the Wolfpack set comes with everything needed to make ANY of the Iranina Cats.... and you can def make the Asia minor cheme version.... Grumman actually painted the Asia minor paint scheme in the factory before delivery.... so the paintwork was really nice on those early cats.... and they had ALL of the factory stencilling

Nice start ! I follow your build ! It's a Ali cat from today?

JL

Yes... they repainted them from the original factory done Asia minor scheme (tan, green and brown) to the current Air Superiority Blue and Gray..... I love both schemes but it seems like most people do the Asia minor scheme.. so I wanted to do something different... LOL I had ALOT of problems at first with the cockpit.... Aires' tub wouldnt fit in the fuse ... It was way too wide... and I wouldve had to sand off details... so I scrapped it(a waste of 80$ :() ...SAo I did PE with the kit tub and Im happy with the results..... Since there is No PE avaialable for this kit yet I had to make the Tamiya cockpit set fit... and I used the exterior and weapions kit for the D model..... I got resin Aim-9P 's but will use pheonix, and Aim-7's as well...... I just finisherd main fuse assembly... and got all seams filled... ready for primer on top..... The wings are mini kits of their own.... and Im extending full flaps, full slats and raised spoilers....

Got the base camo down on the bird.... i shot it all by hand,.... really nice preshading effect came out.... the paint is Humbrol Air Superiority Blue 65 enamel and model master Fulcrum Gray ..... also painted burners in alclad... The sidewinder Aim-9P is a resin set from Korea... ther detail on these are amazing.... coming along smoothly

DSC04737.jpg

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04739.jpg

DSC04745.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

DSC04735.jpg

DSC04747.jpg