1/32 Thunderflash

Nic C.D.

With all the anticipation going on about a possible 1/32 scale RF-84F Thunderflash by Kitty Hawk Models - and a very nice hint on the company's Facebook page - I thought it would be cool to post a couple of photos I took some time ago of a 1/32 scale Belgian Thunderflash that was built by Gène, a great modeller here in Belgium. Sort of a "what too expect" thing.

You can see all the scratchwork that went into this build! Seeing this fantastic build, I really can't wait for Kitty Hawk to release theirs. It's quite a big kit in this scale, so make some room!

Foto-7LCLG48W-D.jpg

Foto-CC3P6LJI-D.jpg

Foto-RQDA8AM7-D.jpg

Foto-J4ZQDBE3-D.jpg

So, I was wondering; is everyone looking forward to this kit too? And what livery would you select?

Nic  

I can certainly understand your choices of  Euro schemes for this bird guys, but mine would have to be a USAF ANG bird.  Here's a very interesting u tube video of the evolution of the F-84.

If you haven't seen it yet, take or make time to watch it along with a large mug of coffee, or a tall glass of your favorite beverage.  It's worth a look see.

I've never really paid much attention to the F-84 and it's family of jets, being a prop guy.  But let me tell ya, after watching this video, I now have a change of heart.  That Tunderflash is one sleek, aggressive looking airplane.

TCM is going to be showing "The Hunters" again in a few days. (Wednesday, 3:45 PM CDT)  Want to check out the Crapshooter's ride.  Can't remember if it was a Thunderstreak,or a Thunderflash.  I'll be watching.

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by Patrick HMD

There is only 1 Thunderstreak for me..............................and its the ever so sad looking one mounted on 3 poles in my home town that has been there for my entire life............and its the first military plane I ever saw in person.

She was in a sad state of repair when I was a kid, and shes as you would expect her now.................pretty bad. Ill likely do it as a SUPER weathered display model

I'm so looking forward to these kits, I love the look of these aircraft and they'll go nicely with the F-84 Thunderjets. As for markings, well, I'll stick to USAF or ANG colours, bare metal with stars'n'bars always looks good.

.....Although they Casey Jones aircraft does look nice! 

• 2 years later...