Tamiya's A6M2b zero

aldur

The cockpit parts after some detail painting, the aotake is the specified mix of 3 parts metallic blue (x-13) and 1 part clear green (x-25):

DSC00862.JPG

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00874.JPG

DSC00875.JPG

They are now awaiting a coat of clear gloss, and the some little bit of weathering with a wash and some dry-brushing.

That's it for now.

Thanks for looking

Hi,

Thanks for nice comments.

It's really motivating working on an model that you're sharing online. It makes you go that extra step.

The progress I posted yesterday was the work of 3 days during the past weekend. As it was the last weekend of my summer vacation it will go a lot slower from now on.

Those closeup pictures really show off those little painting errors.

Gotta get back to work.

greetings,

Ian

hi aldur,

i also think the work on your zero is first class---very neat painting and nice black inside rims on instrument panel. personally look forward to seeing the s.p.a.d. 'though-----now that brings back memories of long ago-----it looks nice in r.f.c. roundels mate.

cheers

dave.

I'll try and take some pictures of the SPAD tonight and post them. it's in the markings of Eddie Rickenbacker.

I have a question: is it save to apply an enamel wash over a microscale gloss coat?

greetings,

Ian

Hi Ian.

Yes it is safe to put enamel wash over Microscale cote cause this laqueer is acrylic based and it gives very strong finish. You can aply after almost everything: enamel based washes, artistic oil washes, filters and stuff like that.

Nice work on Zero mate :( I'm collecting money for this one cause it's very expensive in my country.

Regards,

Martin.

Hi Ian.

Yes it is safe to put enamel wash over Microscale cote cause this laqueer is acrylic based and it gives very strong finish. You can aply after almost everything: enamel based washes, artistic oil washes, filters and stuff like that.

Nice work on Zero mate :( I'm collecting money for this one cause it's very expensive in my country.

Regards,

Martin.

Thanks Martin,

It isn't cheap here either, but it is a very complete package. You don't need much aftermarket stuff for it (if any at all).

I bought mine at a modelingshow last year for 96 euro's. But you can get it for about 90 from spruebrothers (including shipping), and it takes only about a week or so for it being delivered from the states to europe.

greetings,

Ian