F-4E Phantom 'pit (for Tamiya kit)

LSP_K2

Nae problemo, here ye go...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/224033-132-tamiya-f-4e-post-vietnam-kicked-up-a-notch/&page=12

The GT resin cans are based on the Joe Lortie version.

OK, thanks a bunch. As it turns out, I had already gone through all 38 pages of that, snatching bits of information and ideas here and there. I too, of course, am trying to glean as much information as I can, from wherever I can, in order to churn out the best looking Phantom that I can (within reason), for the nationals in Tennessee, 2019.

Don't know about the Wolfpack exhaust but the Aires are way undersize for Tamiya...

I always used GT, they're perfect flushfit.

Dan.

Do you have a link to a model where you've used them? I'd like to check it out.

Hi guys,

If you would allow me I can help here answer your questions.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=55808&page=2&do=findComment&comment=949547

Above is a link to the GT Resin F-4 J-79 product page. It contained installed pictures of both Tamiya and Revell long exhausts and short exhausts.

The Tamiya kits with the long nozzles are larger in diameter than those for Revell. This is due to the respective engine trim and kit differences. For the short nozzles, both kit makers can take the same diameter nozzles. This is why we offer different sets in long, but only one set for the short.

Or exhausts were mastered by Joe Lortie. He made them for CAM and said sold direct on EBay before working with us. We originally added the rear engine face, and this summer introduced a new burner can. The only CAM or Joe mastered part left in the set is the nozzle. The rest are GTR design. The new tube is to allow for a future engine set release for the Italeri F-104 series.

The Brassin is very nice, and with a bit more detail than ours since they use separate inner nozzle part. It also comes with a nice tail hook and “Up Look†parts for the hook. It is about $10 more than ours.

Glad Kev is doing this as I have all of these and the Wolfpack in the shop. It is very nice too but more pricey than the Brassin or GTR.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, it all comes down to preference and price.

Also, keep in mind that the Brassin and WP are made to fit either kit brand. Depending on the installation of the engine and the trim, being a tight fit or having a small gap varies from engine to engine, even on the same jet.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Kevin, the Tamiya kit comes with both versions of the gun muzzle.

Carl

Excellent, I had no idea. Thanks, Carl. (I'll be getting the kit itself, hopefully sometime this winter.) As there is no review of the kit here on LSP, whenever I do finally get my hands on one, I'll review it for the site, before I commence actually working on it.