Hasegawa P-40 E

Thanks everyone for the kind words! smile.gif

I think the maksing and spraying was the simple part wink.gif
It's all a question of what color you use. I always use Acrylic paints thinned very much 60/40 or 50/50. For this model i used my 5 year old airbrush, the grey and brown with a 0,35mm noozle and the green with a 0,25mm noozle, that's all. For the weathering i'll use my new Infinity Airgun with a 0,15mm noozle. In the past i tryed a few times thinned enamel paints, but i was not pleased with the results and it was a real mess. I think i can't reach that results with enamel paints.

Cheers,
Chris

Here is the next update.

The basic colors looked to much like my Spitfire

075.jpg
076.jpg

In case of that, i started to overspray the basic colors with my finish varnish (Gunze 7ml flat, 3ml gloss and 2ml water) and added some drops of black to it.
Left one oversprayed, right one still in basic color. You can clearly see the difference.

077.jpg

And this is, how the bird is looking now. After the deluted black were applyed overall, i started to spray the basic color in small amounts again, just to lighten up and create a "used" finish.

078.jpg
079.jpg
080.jpg
081.jpg
082.jpg

The bottom side was done in my "usual" way with post shading.

083.jpg
084.jpg

Now i'll paint some markings before i'll attach the decals. Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Graham & Kevin! smile.gif

Well, i don't know what a "Wizz" is, but i think it's nothing bad... laugh.gif
I tryed that darkening methode the first time and it worked well for me. Just don't forget to stop early enough and always have a look from a far distance in day light when using this. Otherwise it's overdone fast, in that case to dark.

Thanks,
Chris