1/32 Do 335 from Dragon

alaninaustria

I have always believed that the Do 335 (both single and two seater versions plus heavy armament version) will be the next BIG seller in 32nd scale for luftwaffe fans!! I want a 32nd scale Do 335 (all versions) so bad I am about ready to go crazy!! :party0023:

Bring it on my man!!

Cheers and happy modelling!

Alan

I have always believed that the Do 335 (both single and two seater versions plus heavy armament version) will be the next BIG seller in 32nd scale for luftwaffe fans!! I want a 32nd scale Do 335 (all versions) so bad I am about ready to go crazy!! :party0023:

Bring it on my man!!

Cheers and happy modelling!

Alan

I dunno, after seeing the thing at the NASM a few weeks back it's enormous in comparison to a FW-190D or even the AR-234. It'll take up medium bomber levels of space on the shelf.

matt

Size nothing...I would love to add one or two to my collection...there was a fellow who lived close by that flew them and had plenty of stories about them.Really a hot ship from what he said...and yes,he was German

It'll take up medium bomber levels of space on the shelf.

That's more or less true in terms of length, but it's not even close for wingspan, the largest dimension of most aircraft, and a Thunderbolt is essentially as tall. According to Wikipedia (which mostly agrees with dimensions I found elsewhere), for example:

P-47D:

Length: 11.00 m (36 ft 1 in)

Wingspan: 12.42 m (40 ft 9 in)

Height: 4.47 m (14 ft 8 in)

Ta 152 H:

Length: 10.82 m (33 ft 11 in)

Wingspan: 14.44 m (48 ft 6 in)

Height: 3.36 m (13 ft 1in)

Do 335 A-0:

Length: 13.85 m (45 ft 5 in)

Wingspan: 13.8 m (45 ft 1 in)

Height: 4.55 m (15 ft) [Skylighters lists 5.0m (16 ft 4.8 in), which I suspect is more accurate]

Ju 88 A-4:

Length: 14.36 m (47 ft 2⅞ in)

Wingspan: 20.08 m (65.88 ft)

Height: 5.07 m (16.63 ft)

He 111 H-6:

Length: 16.4 m (53 ft 9½ in)

Wingspan: 22.60 m (74 ft 2 in)

Height: 4.00 m (13 ft 1½ in)

Charles Metz

Thanks Charles, that is a VERY interesting comparison! Dave, that is cool that you got to meet up with a former Do pilot... I met a guy here in Austria at my local glider club field some years ago that ferried one from Oberpfaffenhofen to Wiener Neustadt for modifications and he said that it was a large machine, comfortable to fly but the fear of a rear engine fire was ever present in his mind... in fact, it was even more so than the fear of being jumped by Allied fighters... speed is everything in certain realms of flight!

It would be my ship of choice had I ever been given the chance!

I just hope that all three versions will show up soon in 1/32 scale!

Cheers

Alan

I started one awhile ago then got wind of this announcement so I put it on hold...maybe I should start it up again simply because we all know that a scratch/vac project inevitably leads to a kit being released.

J

I would die for the Do 335 in 1/32.

I don't see how they could to a 335 without doing the 17 first. The Pfeil is an interesting kit, don't get me wrong, but I guess I'm waaaaay too focused on the Battle of Britain. It just amazes me how many of the important planes from that conflict are either in ancient kits or missing entirely. Thank God for Pacific Coast Models.

Edited by Bill Cross

I don't see how they could to a 335 without doing the 17 first.

There is a preserved example of the Do335, however until recently, no Do-17s were known to exist.

With the recent discovery and planned recovery of a substantially complete Do-17Z, I suspect Revell will aim to complete their BoB Luftwaffe trio.

The availability of an airframe to study and measure makes all the difference,

Cheers,

Bill.

Edited by heraldcoupe

Well hopefully they'll recover the one from Goodwin Sands and we'll have an example for study.

That might not be a bad idea for a Group Build project - doing an aircraft that no longer exists in 1:1 scale.

Jeff