• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

No  doubt that over time, more F-35 models will be come available as the aircraft enters service.

Peter

i agree, eventually it'll turn out the same way as history had the F104 and F16 introduced in NATO forces.......

Edited by Jack, 10 January 2017 - 10:27 PM.

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#32 johncrow

johncrow

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

I'm in, for sure. No matter the variant(s) released. 

#33 eaglekeeper

eaglekeeper

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Just curious but 5 years ago didn't Lindbergh announce the same with full pictures of the prototype?

#34 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

Just curious but 5 years ago didn't Lindbergh announce the same with full pictures of the prototype?

They are running on a similar timeline to the real aircrafts developement. So you should see half the sprues for eight times the original cost in a box four times the size in a quarter of the shops planned to carry it at some point in 2019...lol
  • alaninaustria, Jack, thierry laurent and 4 others like this

#35 eaglekeeper

eaglekeeper

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

They are running on a similar timeline to the real aircrafts developement. So you should see half the sprues for eight times the original cost in a box four times the size in a quarter of the shops planned to carry it at some point in 2019...lol

I was on the F-35 program for 4 years, they expected too much and R&D was actually production. We were using cutting edge materials, cutting edge technology to produce unproven cutting edge parts!
  • scvrobeson, Out2gtcha, Darren Howie and 3 others like this

#36 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

I guess thats always the problem when building an aircraft for tomorrow..trying to make it work today.
  • Derek B, phantomdriver, Jolly Roger and 1 other like this

#37 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

I guess thats always the problem when building an aircraft for tomorrow..trying to make it work today.

..GOOD ONE.!!!!

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#38 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Like others have said, I'm going to wait for the B version and hopefully replicate a British example... 617 Squadron 1/32nd Lancaster alongside a 617 Squadron F-35B as a 'then and now' anyone?  :whistle:

I had the pleasure of seeing a USAF F-35A (flying with a P-51) and the RAF's first F-35B at Fairford airshow last summer, and I must say it was seriously impressive. To see the RAF B model come in at high speed, stop in what seemed like a few yards and hover so impeccably steadily and then speed off into the distance at some ridiculous rate of knots certainly got the juices flowing. I must say that I love it!

Yes, I saw the same at Farnborough last year. 

I thought the F/A-18 & Typhoon were more impressive, pulling G's like fun & loaded to the teeth with weaponry, afterburners glowing.

The F-35B was a great little party trick. An expensive, great little party trick. That wouldn't land or take off from Farnborough, and disappeared after all of 10 minutes.

• phantomdriver and F`s are my favs like this

I tend towards sarcasm, irony and self-deprecation, but I'm rubbish at them.

#39 Marcel111

Marcel111

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

Great ro see this kit coming along! Such a beefy aircraft, will make for a very cool model, esp with zig-zagging paint touch ups.

very%20small_zpsfkdtdkkk.jpg

#40 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Think I'll wait for the 1/32 F-35B (if it happens) as it has oodles more character. However, I'll buy and make the A variant if
a/ I'm alive when/if
b/ it's flown by the Thunderbirds

I will support Italeri by buying the TF-104G and any other Mirage III/5 boxings they issue.

Tony

Pretty much this, otherwise the real thing is a pretty much unremarkable, over due over expensive jet to tax payers who contributed to it ... IMHO.

Having said that, its quite a small Aircraft, fairly petite compared to comparable SHAR size, so not too big for whomever complained about this in 1/32 but initial kit offering is still not the interesting B, so no sale here unfortunately.

Italeri have not released a colourful natural finish F-104 USAF Star-fighter yet, only variant I'm prepared to buy, and apparently not the best of kits either?

So wont be the first in queue for this one either I'm afraid.

If they release a B, then we'll talk.

Edited by The Southern Bandit, 18 January 2017 - 01:31 PM.

• phantomdriver and Out2gtcha like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users