Italeri 1/32 F-35 breaks cover

Scotsman

Spotted over on Britmodeller , and shamelessly stolen...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1225569547509949&set=a.1135046049895633.1073741828.100001707471097&type=3&theater

The first shot of the the 1/32 F-35 ,  

I'm making no comments re the merits or otherwise of the real thing , just posting a pic of some bits of plastic... ! :innocent:

colinR

One of the wings is bigger than the other, they've forgotten the co-pilots seat, no rigging diagram, the wheels are not round enough - it's a right old mess. 

Good to see they've included a propellor.

It looks like a 1/48 kit, not many parts?

Guest Peterpools

I'm a F-35 fan: looks pug-nosed and tough!
Before all the glaring mistakes are uncovered and the kit might be un-buildable, two points are of prime importance and need to be considered:
1. It's the only F-35 in 32nd scale
2: it's from Italetri.
Number 2 says it all and I'm only hoping the Lightning II comes in a bit over their reputation.
I'll deal with whatever and look forward to building a few.
Keep 'em coming
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

That was a pretty amazing surprise, although i like the B version much much much much muuuuch more than the A. :) The pics show some "indentations" where are located the RAM lines along the panels, but are they raised lines like in the KittyHawk kits or just slightly recessed lines... hmmm, interesting.

Man oh man, half a meter in length, that will be huge!

Leaving aside the politics of the aircraft and the British Governments arsing about with which version to go for and ultimately deciding to go for VSTOL with the Harrier Ramp over the conventional cat and trap version with its greater versatility and range the airframe itself has grown on me. And now having finally decided to replace the too small display case I bought a couple years ago (my mistake, thought it would just about be fine for 2 single engined 1/32 fighters per shelf figured selling off my 1/32 stuff and replacing with 1/48 would in the end cost me more than the case I'd earmarked for purchase, which has now taken up a laaaaaargw chunk of my modelling budget for the year) I might have some display space for this beauty if the reviews are favourable. Only downside for you lot is having decided to buy the new case and stick with 1/32 for the most part you're stuck with me for the foreseeable future!

Think I'll wait for the 1/32 F-35B (if it happens) as it has oodles more character. However, I'll buy and make the A variant if

a/ I'm alive when/if

b/ it's flown by the Thunderbirds

I will support Italeri by buying the TF-104G and any other Mirage III/5 boxings they issue.

Tony

That was a pretty amazing surprise, although i like the B version much much much much muuuuch more than the A. :) The pics show some "indentations" where are located the RAM lines along the panels, but are they raised lines like in the KittyHawk kits or just slightly recessed lines... hmmm, interesting.

Man oh man, half a meter in length, that will be huge!

Think I'll wait for the 1/32 F-35B (if it happens) as it has oodles more character. However, I'll buy and make the A variant if

a/ I'm alive when/if

b/ it's flown by the Thunderbirds

I will support Italeri by buying the TF-104G and any other Mirage III/5 boxings they issue.

Tony

Same, same. I really honestly do like the aircraft (as modern Jets go), and from pics Ive seen lately, there actually IS some weathering to be done too!     Although as was mentioned above, the only way Id really like to do an "A" is if its ever flown by the T-Birds.

Otherwise, I will wait for the VSTOL B version.