WnW Sopwith Snipe (early)

1to1scale

Tonight I was able to get a couple hours to do a little airbrushing, so it was time to paint the engine and all the bare aluminum pieces. Again I spent some time getting frustrated with the EZline, I think I need a faster setting CA glue. I used Loctite Red, but need to look at alternatives.

8baUASV.jpg

I test fit the cockpit to the lower wing and fuselage halves this morning, with the top cowl on, its a little wide at the top. I suspect I need to sand a little paint off the ribs to make it fit a little better. Thankfully, I always dry-fit everything before I apply glue. The fit problem seems to be toward the front near the firewall. I will address these later and start painting the wings and fuselage tonight.

Edited by 1to1scale

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been a few weeks since I touched this, but I wanted to clean up and reorganize my work area. I also wanted to complete my BF-109G6. I have also been selling off two-thirds of my 1/72 stash and some old car kits I will never touch. I also whipped together my Meng Whippet while I was at home with an injured back last week.

But now I am back on the Snipe. I did a little work this past weekend doing a lot of scut work, I drilled out rigging holes, did some final detail painting, sanded the cockpit assy for a better fit, and finally glued the fuselage all together, it was a little more work getting the fuselage together than I anticipated. But, finally, its one big chunk now.

More updates to come.