• Please log in to reply
1639 replies to this topic

#1636 williamj

williamj

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

Not to be over dramatic, but I'd planned on getting several HPH kits.  Now with their response to your justified complaints about the kit, I'm not so sure.

Please don't let all the negative comments stop you....They are unique limited run resin kits,and some of the best out there.they are "not" nightmares to build.But they can at times tax your basic skills.Not for the inexperienced, and HpH do point this out.  

Many of us have faced bigger challenges and frustrations with main line injected kits,As far as the Tigercat is concerned... I 'm sure we will see some innovative solutions,perhaps even from HpH.. and some spectacular builds in the near future.

Keep it fun...Williamj.

• Martinnfb, scvrobeson, Out2gtcha and 3 others like this

#1637 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,799 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

Bill

I'm hoping. The gear is the biggest issue for me and then the lower wings panel lines. I know there is no way I can do the work Brian did on the nose gear and have yet to see what will be panel with the panel lines. I just feel for a kit of over $300, the modeler shouldn't have to go through hoops.

Peter

• williamj, Martinnfb and Out2gtcha like this

Trumpeter SBD-1

gCSaNS.jpg

#1638 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,693 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

Please don't let all the negative comments stop you....They are unique limited run resin kits,and some of the best out there.they are "not" nightmares to build.But they can at times tax your basic skills.Not for the inexperienced, and HpH do point this out.  

Many of us have faced bigger challenges and frustrations with main line injected kits,As far as the Tigercat is concerned... I 'm sure we will see some innovative solutions,perhaps even from HpH.. and some spectacular builds in the near future.

Keep it fun...Williamj.

I would agree with this statement overall. They definitely are not "crappy" kits, they just have to maybe tighten up their R&D a little bit. They definitely stretch your model making skills that's for sure. 
The good points include a list of aircraft kits in our scale that are see nowhere else, and this is a good thing for sure

Im hoping the wing solution will come, as I can honestly live with the rest. I even came up with a solution (I think/hope) for my misaligned wire in my MLG. The kit has some stupendous detail to it, and if the sloppy mistakes were cleaned up, I think it would be would most definitely be worth what is being charged. 

In the F7Fs current state, that will have to be a determination left up to the person spending the money, as to it being worth upwards of $300.

• Martinnfb and Peterpools like this

#1639 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,799 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hi Brian

I would love to order a Tigercat, as most of the problems I can deal with. It's the gear that is a deal killer right now and to be honest, I wish I had your skills to rectify the problem, but I don't. So until either HpH or Ernie at G Factor comes to the rescue, I have to pass.

Peter

• Martinnfb and Out2gtcha like this

Trumpeter SBD-1

gCSaNS.jpg

#1640 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

William made very valuable point. HpH kits are challenging at times, but the result is well worth the effort. My own skill set haven't developed yet to the point where I can feel fully comfortable while working with resin, but I will definitely improve to the point of confidence to build Letov S-16 etc. .

However it would be nice if HpH guys could communicate.... perhaps with a bit of more consideration to their clientele, since not everyone has ability to cast or fabricate new parts on the fly. 

Also a QUESTION FOR MIREK

Are you guys planning La-5FN?  ..please, pretty please :)

Diki

Martin

la5fn-4.jpg

• williamj and Peterpools like this

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users