1:32 Boeing Stearman is available to buy!

Silver Wings

I photographed all signs/data plaques  that I saw on the airframe, but have to admit I did not zoom up close on them all

I am assuming you have, but did you try looking at the original images, as apposed to the images as they appear in Dropbox - AKA far right bottom under "more actions" --> "view original"? 

The original images appear (at least to me) quiet large to the point of not even fitting my monitor. Some of the letters/signs I did not zoom in on are legible in their original view VS how they first appear in Dropbox.

I know when I first looked at them in Dropbox, they appeared substantially smaller than they actually are.

Unfortunately, with the hundreds and hundreds (near 1000s) of pictures I took, there was no way to get higher resolution photos, and still be able to fit all of them, even on my higher gigabyte SD card.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, my American friend has warned us about using Boeing name on the box.

I checked Boeing website and here's what I found:

"Please be aware that, in general, Boeing does not allow its name or trademarks to be used in an implicit or explicit endorsement of another company's products or services, including suppliers."

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/companyoffices/aboutus/corpid/

What do you say? 

I saw other companies using the Boeing name on their boxes.

These companies are probably paying Boeing a license of some sort. The Tamiya P-51 even comes with a sticker on it with words to the effect that it's officially licensed by Boeing. Boeing is particularly notorious for this, as are a couple of the US airline/air freight companies. But the trademark regime in the US requires that companies rigorously defend their trademarks or risk losing them to trademark dilution and common use claims.

Having said all that, I'm not sure that the word 'Boeing' itself is trademarked, or that a company name even can be. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Boeing wouldn't pursue unauthorised usage either. Tricky subject!

Kev

We've decided to name it "Stearman PT-13D". Everyone will know it.

Sounds good. I think it will be very recognizable with Stearman in the kit title, with no/less risk of Boeing having a copy-write issue.

Do you know which decals will come with the kit yet?

I assume yellow wings?

Or maybe even all yellow USN?

Sounds good. I think it will be very recognizable with Stearman in the kit title, with no/less risk of Boeing having a copy-write issue.

To be honest I suspect "Stearman" is also a Boeing trademark. For example, see the following page:

http://trademarks.breanlaw.com/78192178-stearman-s.html

I have no idea how "Stearman S" relates to the PT-13, but it's worth taking note of. Here's another page which be closer to the mark (pardon the pun):

http://www.trademarkia.com/stearman-78190133.html

And a similar page:

http://trademark.markify.com/trademarks/ctm/stearman/001509355

You can bet that every property that Boeing now owns with a name attached to it has been trademarked.

Kev

Out2gtcha - yes, we plan to offer yellow and maybe blue markings. Modellers and enthusiasts from around the world helped even more than we expected so we should be able to provide best possible accuracy :)

Kevin - exactly, that's what I thought so. But hey, let's not go crazy about it too much. If we wanted to be correct then we probably should not even use the image of the Stearman.