BEARCAT FRANCHISE (Trumpeter F8F1+ Berna Decals)

Guest Martinnfb

I Try to help my freinds when I can. The cool thing is that if you save and enlarge the pic you could pose the door open if you can figure out or gizmoligise whatever is on the other side ( inside ) of the door. And if you use the pilots manual with the cutaways I linked you earlier you could get pretty damn close.

Glad I helped a little.

Paul

Thanks again Paul,the idea with an open door  sounds tempting, but I will be more than happy with basic detailing of the landing gear bay and engine compartment. In another words :"My Mom said It Is not OK to leave the door open!" :)

Now I just need to find a picture  that shows a clear view of the lower cooling flaps  :)

Cheers

M.

F8F-1-fuselage-assy.jpgF8F-1-fuselage-hydraulics.jpgXF8F-canopy.jpg

Martin, I looked through the references I had, and most of the -1 books I have don't show any close-ups of the lower cooling flaps..............but I did find some references  that show the lower cooling flaps in a walk-around folder I had.

Im not sure if you have already seen these or not, but hopefully they might help U in some way:

BCAT8.jpg

BCAT9.jpg

BCAT10.jpg

Hi Brian, thank you so much for taking the time and providing me with those. Unfortunately the pictures above shows the -2 version. You can distinguish that by  the modified engine cowling lower plate into a vent. The -1 vents looked a bit different . Smooth transition when closed, small front part extended in open flow position.

I just spent 4 hours on the net , searching for decent blueprints or photos and let me tell you, this plane is not getting nearly the attention it deserves. So frustrating.it's hard to stay motivated, but I found this cool shot.

Thanks again bro.

Cheers

M.

f8f-2_n7825c_klsv_11november2012_kenmidd

Edited by Martinnfb

Well its not a Thai cat, nor a French air-frame, but might provide a bit of Bearish "Iron Works" inspiration................and WHAT an inspiration she is in person!

Thank You Brian, this is exactly that kind of inspiration I need, Cheers :)

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

Hello Friends,

I had an hour to spare today, so I roughed in an approximate set up of the cooling vents. Fear nothing, the scary pictures are just the beginning of something , well something completely different :)

once it all dries I will add up fine detail and take care of  the sloppy edges.

bear002-vert_zpsdc8a7063.jpg

Nice work Martin, everybody's in progress shots can look scary to the uninitiated, but those of us who build and not just peek in on builds know what we are looking at.. most of the time.  I like it, cant wait to see it all cleaned up. :)  It's going to look really cool!

All the best,

Paul 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Paul, thanks Loic. Everybody are busy finishing their projects and I am lagging behind. The surface is a total hell it is so bad , that I am contemplating to get a rid of all of my Trumpeters for good.

Here!

cats_zps3d237c23.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Martin, from the size of the pics I can't see any "total hell", I see a guy who is going out of his way to correct a kit and to me it looks great! :)  We are our own worst critics though. I know with my F-100 right now I am going back and adding all the things the  kit didn't have for small access panel detail etc. and scribing and drilling out the panels the real airplane got after modification in SEA. I have found the plastic easy to work, but it has taken a lot of work for sure. I think your Bearcat is going to be better then "just fine", just keep working on it.  :)

All the best,

Paul