Leopold

HL-10

Its a great looking build Angelo. Very interesting to look at those rail guns especially in 1/35...I'm not a fan of 1/72.

Its amazing that the country that gave the western armies of the world 'manouevure theory' and 'Aufstragtactik' could bother with one of these POS. Sure it lobs big bombs. Mobility? Protection? At least the boys might have been able to enjoy nice accomodation whilst on route in their rail cars. Battleship mentality in a world of no air supremacy.

Its a great looking build Angelo. Very interesting to look at those rail guns especially in 1/35...I'm not a fan of 1/72.

Its amazing that the country that gave the western armies of the world 'manouevure theory' and 'Aufstragtactik' could bother with one of these POS. Sure it lobs big bombs. Mobility? Protection? At least the boys might have been able to enjoy nice accomodation whilst on route in their rail cars. Battleship mentality in a world of no air supremacy.

Mobility? Battleship mentality

You're right there Matt, hardly "Blitz Krieg"

I think in the back of their mind they still had 1914-18 and wanted to be prepared with some big guns.

I've read that one of these beasts was un-accounted for at the end of WWII.

They used to hide them in railway tunnels, like Anzio Annie, and they reckon somewhere in the old USSR there may be one burried, intact!

I saw the one near Calais once, in a bit of a state as its privately owned, sort of by default, it was on this guys land at the end of the war and no one wanted it so he kept it!

They are big monsters.

Trumpeter is releasing the loco that pulled them, that will upset CMK, I will have to get a longer shelf!

Thanks for the comments,

All the best,

Angelo