Twin engine, twin seat and tiger stripes!

b757captain

Tiger stripes on! Not easy but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The decals are fragile and MicroSol doesn't seem to do much. Had to dig into the bag of tricks to get some of them to lay down, but most of the decals are on now. I know the table looks messy cuz it is! Will clean things up tomorrow.

Dang it, Photobucket won't load. Pics tomorrow.

Finally got photobucket to upload the pics - don't know what's going on there but the site has been problematic for the last few days.

Ok, on to the finished product:

Tornado025.jpg

Tornado026.jpg

Overall not a bad kit but there were some fit issues, and just like the last one I built, the joint at the wing "glove" area is really weak. It's already starting to separate on one side. The decals were not too bad but some of the stenciling didn't want to settle down. All the stripes went down ok though they didn't react to Microsol.

Tornado024.jpg

Tornado027.jpg

The Aires exhausts and cockpit were fantastic, no fit issues and really dresses things up.

More pics:

Tornado023.jpg

Tornado022.jpg

I did have one screw-up - I didn't seal the canopy well enough and the insides fogged from paint overspray. I did get the main canopy cleaned up but couldn't get to the insides of the forward windscreen. Dang! Also, the decal sheet has separate pieces for the canopy bows and pieces that are supposed to wrap around the refueling probe. I found it much easier to just hand paint these (they are only black squigglies anyway.

Tornado021.jpg

Tornado020.jpg

I hope you all enjoy! Now off to another 22 days of torture! I'll be thinking of what to do next - got lots of two-seaters in the stash!

Mark

Thanks guys!

I do have one thing to add - big thumbs down for the Aires PE harnesses for the seats! I counted 9 separate teeny-tiny PE pieces per shoulder harness. Yep, 36 individual pieces to lose, or 36 individual ways to mess things up, all for a finished product that looks, well, like it's made of brass. How about the option on the PE sheet of a simplified harness, or better yet, resin pieces for those of us with fumble fingers?

Got my next build picked out but it only has one seat, one tail and one engine. Maybe another double after that!

Cheers,

Mark

working with PE is always a loose loose, well at least for me it is. I built Academy's 1/35 Merkava 3 about a year ago, and the ball and chain armor for the rear of the turret was in photo etch, you then had to cut these bumps off the sprue and then super glue them to those photo etch pieces, times 2 each times 50 chains. Yeah don't get me started.