Tolly Hello Mk.IXc Spitfire

20160106_114028_zpsxoqew2cw.jpg

The Pilot was out of the kit. But here lies the problem. Lt. Colonel Gustav Lundquist was a American pilot. Would he wear British flight gear. Or American Flight gear in a British fighter?  I  went simple as the O2 hose and early American Spitfire pilots wore British flight gear.

20160106_114000_zpstixmsa3o.jpg

20160106_014458_zpsfkk6j4xi.jpg

Hope you like it. It's plain and simple build. :coolio:

Danny

After graduating from experimental test pilot school in 1942, he served at Wright Field, Ohio as an experimental test pilot and later chief test pilot until 1944. During this time he conducted prototype testing of many of the aircraft eventually used in combat operations in World War II. During June and July 1944 he flew with the 353d Fighter Group in England. His Mustang, P-51, airplane was shot down over enemy territory in July 1944 and he was a prisoner of war in Germany until May 1945.

Above is a blurb from the link below.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/106407/brigadier-general-gustav-e-lundquist.aspx

I read somewhere else he was the highest ranking test pilot POW.

It's all looking good Danny. Keep it up.

Cheers.

Thank you Geedubelyer , Peter and Maru for the complements. Need to go work on here a little bit. Now to get off the Forums but to much great work on here. Dam Brian's Kingfisher, Chuck's P-38 and Harvey's to name a few :frantic:

• 3 weeks later...

Danny,

She looks quite nice! So do you plan to make her historically accurate and do the P-51 drop tanks without the nose art or making her with both and not worrying about total accuracy?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Brady

Well Brady   No one knows if she left Greenland with the P-51 Drop Tanks on. Bluie West 8 Greenland  is were she received the art work, Done by Sgt. Petta. 

So she will have Nose art and Tanks on as the folks here have requested. :coolio:

At the moment she is on the back burner. Today I received my Master airbrush both. That is why she is on the Back Burner. I have a PBJ-1J gun nose on the desk now to.

Great updates.

Good pics too

:clap2:

Thank you Maru.