My HB Mk.Vb/ Trop

Looks great Andy. The repeated application and removal can be a bit of a pain. If you're using acrylics, that makes it easier thanks to their faster drying time. It's also gets faster as you get more comfortable using them.

I wish there were more stencils available as masks as I find that's where I get the most issues when I'm applying decals. Eduard made some for the F-4. Great results but very fiddly to use.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

All decals added and I have to say the decal sheet supplied in the Montex set performed perfectly..........

20160506_212702_zpsshmpao3i.jpg

20160506_212832_zpsic3bcgvx.jpg

All stencil data was added from the Techmod set which is very very comprehensive covering MkI to XII, white decals for black underside are supplied as well as data for the various prop types fitted.

20160505_190839_zpswn1aqn1b.jpg

20160505_190912_zps0iexgyii.jpg

Word of warning for anyone wanting to use this set............these are the thinnest decals I have ever used and release from there backing with the slightest hint of water near them.......take care as they are extremely difficult to deal with but do give excellent results when on!!

Need to get the masks out again now to get the final stencils on and then on to some weathering.

Regards. Andy

Looks fantastic!

Thank you Shaka

That looks impressive Andy, those markings were one of the options that I had for my build and I still think they look great.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, both options on that particular Montex set are great.........I very nearly went for the RAF option with the red wing tips as its such a nice looking scheme but went for the USAAF option as all my Spits are in RAF marking so far.

I'm presuming these are decal-type stencils Andy rather than the wet-transfer type like HGW's.  Very comprehensive by the looks of it.

Max

Yes you are right Max, they are water slide decals as opposed to the HGW type.

Regards. Andy

All markings completed this afternoon after adding the codes with the Montex masks......

20160508_144823_zpslgwx3h1d.jpg

20160508_144756_zpsnshtubnf.jpg

Next up weathering time, want to make this one look quite beaten up by the harsh desert conditions!!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Stunning

:wow:

That's looking great!! The flag and the nose art add color and character to the build. Looking forward to the weathering.

Don

Eager to see how that beautiful rendition of the Spitfire is "beat up"!

Thank you Marus, Don and Shaka

Beautiful job, impressed that the US flag decal stayed on when you masked off the codes.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, it was a little nerve wracking but made sure the decals got a good coat of varnish over them before continuing and only lightly tacked the masks over and fortunately it worked.

Regards. Andy