Zero77

Interesting topic, i'm quite attracted to the prototype version with israeli roundels and attractive colors red white blue.

I will follow with great interest.

Do you mean the MiG-21-2000 ?

mig21-2000-1.jpg

MiG-21_2000_2.jpg

It's close but not exactly the same upgrade. (2000 by IAI, Lancer by Aerostar from Romania + Elbit from Israel)

From all these nice MiG-21 upgrades, i really like the MiG-21-93 demonstrator (with the antiglare painted free hand ! Crazy stuff on a demonstrator ! :) ) :

mig-21-93%20002.jpg

mig21-93-6.jpg

mig21-2000-1.jpg

MiG-21_2000_2.jpg

It's close but not exactly the same upgrade. (2000 by IAI, Lancer by Aerostar from Romania + Elbit from Israel)

From all these nice MiG-21 upgrades, i really like the MiG-21-93 demonstrator (with the antiglare painted free hand ! Crazy stuff on a demonstrator ! :) ) :

mig-21-93%20002.jpg

mig21-93-6.jpg

Wow, that is INSANE.   I mean for as cool as the scheme is, and as much work as it looked like to do, why how much more time would it have taken them to mask a few straight(ish) lines off?

Craziness.........That is one of those models that if you did accurately, you would likely have to have 1:1 pics of, just to show you didnt botch up the anti-glare!   :lol:

I'm doing a small break with the Lancer at this time, as i have to think about what to do with the nose cone, finish the cockpit and redo the exhaust nozzle. But it's not far (still on the bench). At the moment i'm working on another animal ! (SuperCub floatplane).

But here are the last pictures of the finished nose wheel and gearbay. I detailed the gear bay with somewhat fictious plumbing and ad a few structural details and panels, very simplified from the real stuff, but at least a bit more busy than the kit part. Unfortunately, i just noticed on the pictures that my left wheel nut has not survived to the various sanding operations, and is not really hexagonal anymore. :)

20160205_192317_zpsnfefwk7y.jpg
20160205_192304_zpssglcqbct.jpg
20160205_192201_zpstzkcejku.jpg
20160205_192154_zpsluvjmxgz.jpg
20160205_192145_zpsjkuixis2.jpg
20160205_192137_zpshnnjm4ai.jpg

Edited by Zero77

mig21-2000-1.jpg

MiG-21_2000_2.jpg

mig-21-93%20002.jpg

mig21-93-6.jpg

The camouflaged version looks more businesslike :)

Mig21_4.jpg

• 10 months later...

Damn, it's been almost a whole year since my last post in this thread... Time flies too fast for me.
 When i started the lancer, i thought it would be finished in a few months, but one year later the fuselage is not even closed !

But now i'm back to LSP building, after a little trip in the AFV world.

20170111_073111_zpssa6kpqsm.jpg

It's only a dry fit, the wings and tail are only plugged on the fuselage keys.

I still have to finish the cockpit (pictures to come) and correct a few things around the exhaust, and i would be able to close the fuselage. I hope it would be done by the end of the week.

nice build! i have the same lancer conversion (i think mine came from radub). i want to do a croatian one, i read somwhere theirs were also upgraded to Lancer standards...

I dont know, i dont remember reading anything about that. But there are nice croatian schemes ! The red/white checker two seater looks very cool !

Nice, thanks for coming back to this! What was the AFV?

Darren

I built a Hobbyboss Schneider CA-1 and a Meng T-90A. Both are still unfinished at the moment, and i also have to finish some figures and the diorama. I'll post a WIP thread in the Non-LSP forum later.

Edited by Zero77

It is still January. You are pretty on shedule :wicked:

Thanks for the Icaero link. They have a nice tailend for the 21! Still have a Trumpy MF on the stash to be converted into a nuclear carrier. I've got my nuke from Ukraine. Where else :rofl:

Also good to know that there is still a Lancer conversion on the market after RBs kit has gone by the wind.

Happy modelling!

- dutik