Combat Models SB2U Vindicator, anyone have one, thoughts..?

Kagemusha

Well,

Dredge up old threads 2.0, I took Steven's advice and purchased a 1/33 Me 410 Paper model to use as templates for my Comdat Models 32nd Vac 410.

It's on the To-Do pile now

Cheers, Ian

Edited by imatt88

Wow. This is indeed an old topic. It started Jul 13 2014 and now it is Mar. 22 2018.

Time flies doesn't it. And I have made no progress with sorting and finding the vacuform models.

It is embarrassing. 

I made the kitchen cabinet and it looked very good, matched the rest of the kitchen perfectly. 

A year and a half later the house caught fire and we moved out for 21 months so it could be repaired and an addition put on  We had to move twice. Interesting. 

A few months ago we moved back in. All my boxes and crates came in with me so the place looks like a warehouse. Still sorting things out. Also renting storage lockers to hold some of it all. 

So no modeling done in the past 3-4 years. Sculpture yes, models no. I don't even know where everything (anything) is. 

But a big decision was made. No more simply making models. Most of my time will be in making my sculpture. My art (surrealist assemblage) incorporates models and figures. I will make some models straight but right now I cannot forecast the future.  

I just bought the 1/32 ME-109 TL.I Resin Kit/Conversion for Hasegawa ME-109G-10/K-4. I also got a Me-109G-10 kit.   I got the Me109 TL-1 on eBay. The Russian I bought it from neglected to mention that there are no plans or instructions of any type. Just very nicely cast parts in resin and a bunch of photos which I had to get off the eBay listing. Oh well, I leave most of the tiny parts out of my models anyway.

There is another listed on eBay now so another buyer will be surprised. I will give him a good feedback anyway because the castings are so good. 

I will buy an air compressor like those used in car repair places (cost minimum $500). So I can use it to power my airbrush when painting the models. But I get sick every time I make a WW2 German airplane. I just can't stand anything associated with the Nazis. So any German WW2 models I make will have the Vulgarian V instead of the Nazi Swastika and cross insignia. I like the German airplanes and vehicles and ordnance and especially their camouflage paint jobs. 

I thought I would be able to take life easy when I retired. Well I retired in '03 and have been busy 9 to 5 ever since.

:shrug: 

So whatcha gonna do?

:punk: 

I like this talking-to-yourself use of two fonts, symbolising the conflict between the sculptor and the model builder who compete for time.

Never figured out how to change fonts using a tablet. Even italics only work in emails. Easy on the desktaup 'puter, but no joy on the tablet which I use 99% of the time (that statement being unscientific but a good approximation).

Bought a vacform Su-15TM two years ago and got halfway through assembling and lengthening the radome before I started costing it and realised I needed to spend a month on Corel Draw designing etch and decals which would cost me £100 to have made from the drawings, and that there was nothing out there by way of short cuts. With propeller subjects you have the advantage of there existing engines and so forth; and with most jets, things like Martin Baker seats etc. There was **nothing** for the Flagon, not even a card model.

I greatly admire people who can turn lumpy sheets of styrene into models.

Tony

I guess it is a matter of perception of responsibility that counts for this seller not telling that there are no instructions or plans

He wrote back offering the excuse that it is OK that he omitted plans or instructions or even identifying the parts by stating in the listing that they are missing but this kit is for experienced model builders. Like experienced modelers will recognize parts from a fantasy airplane. Yeah, Sure.

I like the lot so well that I will not respond with a request for my money back. In his response to my letter he gave me a link to an article from this forum, which are just pretty pictures but are worth seeing   http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=60408

So, I'll give him a good feedback for such a nice model and I will warn other buyers, who read my feedback, that there are no plans. Let them decide if they want the problem but at least they will  know what they will be in for if they buy  it. 

I figure I will enjoy building it, plans or no plans, so what the heck. Let it go and just enjoy the build. :rofl:   

:punk:

Edited by ssculptor