GT Resin 1:32 F-4E Phantom II burner cans (long)

LSP_Kevin

Hi Guys,

I wan tot Thanks kevin for the review and all of you who support our products and enjoy them.   If I may Would like to share some information on the fit an such.

Tamiya Kits

• The fit is inconsistent in reveal as the fuselage is not round like the engine nozzle.  The trim parts take up most of this.   
  • The kit has a locating pin that needs to be trimmed inside of the opening where the top and bottom come meet.
  • The plastic in the trim is as thick as the metal trim on the real jet.  To get the best results I suggest thinning the inside of the trims.  They produces a really clean look very close to the real thing.   See my two completed build pics to see this.  They are short can s but the ffect is the same.

Revell

• The revel kit is smaller in diameter so in our line we use a different nozzle to fit the kit.  Thinning the trim still requires the smaller nozzle.  This difference is only present in E/F/G Revell
  • For the short cans  both the Reveal and Tamiya use the same diameter nozzle.  The Revel short opening found on the their Recce kits is made the way.

SO, IN the GT Resin line the Short J-79 exhaust set is interchangeable from Revell to Tamiya, but the Long nozzle J-79 is not, and are manufacturer specific. Both use the same burner tubes and rear faces.

I believe that the Brassin, Aries, and the older CE were made small for the interchangeability amongst the two brands as our Short nozzles have but the long nozzles do not.  This is why those brands are sized as we refer to as " under sized" when used with Tamiya.

I appreciate everyones comments and input and hope this clears up which sets work where in our line.

Enjoy, and have a great evening,

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

SO, IN the GT Resin line the Short J-79 exhaust set is interchangeable from Revell to Tamiya, but the Long nozzle J-79 is not, and are manufacturer specific. Both use the same burner tubes and rear faces.

hi Gary, ok but is there a chance to "enlarge" the end parts of the Revell nacelles to "match" the wider diameter long nozzles (designed for Tamiya)?

Edited by Luca

Does anyone know the actual diameter of the short and long nozzles on the F-4? At least we would then have some guidelines to measure against.

Unlike almost all of the burner cans available these ones are the correct diameter.

The Tamiya cans and Aires plus a few others are also undersize.

We are not talking a small amount either its enough to make a clear visual difference to how your F-4 looks.

A correctly sized burner makes the finished kit look very much beefier at the tail and its well worth the money to accurize your F-4.

I would never consider doing another Tamiya F-4 withour correctly sized burners it makes such a difference.

GT's, i think Sierra Hotel did some correctly sized aswell. Not sure which others but the size is the single biggest benefit.

And unlike many other burner cans, THESE ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE, haha! Nothing is more frustrating that hearing about great AM parts that are out of production.