Hawker Hurricane 11c 1:24

Ripaman

Hi , This is my first post to work in progress on LSP. I am building the Hurricane 11c by Trumpter.

Have not decided yet on what paint scheme or which squadron, this will come later.

Started on the cockpit(still have more detail to do on the cockpit), radiator and engine.

I noticed when I built the engine the carburetor did not line up with air intake so I know the 11c had a Rolls Royce Merlin XX engine so I found some pictures on the web and I have tried to make as I see.

I bought the Cammett 24th scale Hurricane panel set so I will be cutting the panels out so that the engine will be seen.

Trying to post pictures but no luck yet, will keep trying.

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

On 12/2/2010 at 7:30 AM, big matt said:

Looks fantastic! Great work so far.

Thanks Big Matt, I have to touch up some paint, when you take photo's all your mistake really amplify lol

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

Where have you been man? You will fit right in here!

J

Hi Jerry,

I have been modeling plastic since I was 8, stop to raise family, then got back into it, and then for quite a few years built wooden ships always buying a kit then buying all the scale drawings I could buy and found all the kit plans are not to scale, so I would scratch build. Gone back to plastic for a break and found that working in 1:24 you can realy use you amagination. I have bought the Hawker Hurricane plans scale, and genuine rare merlin engine manual off people on ebay which I am waiting for so I might have make changes to the engine once I receive.

I have been watching your site P51D and I see you like to detail to the hilt, which is the same for me, I cannot let something go if it is wrong, my wife thinks I have ADD when it comes to models.

Your work is 1st class and I hope I can come close.

Richard

A few more pictures,

I am using the books Squadron walk around and Sam Publications The hawker Hurricane a comprehensive guide for modellers.

3CG6IK.jpg

qvDJRF.jpg

tqJXPc.jpg

hNibwK.jpg

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

Thank you Marek,

Today I have added more detail to the engine, made the Magnetos to the shape and thickness, made the fuel pump and moved the Dowty pump back to the end of the engine.

Going to Vancouver for three days so when I get back I will start on the coolant pump and then the carburetor, so it is slowly taking shape.

Richard

yQqbX0.jpg

YQGmYr.jpg

i85UG7.jpg

YEL6tv.jpg

CIzVKb.jpg

Edited by Ripaman