WNWs Camel........finally!

Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Awesome start on the Camel and I'm taking notes this time around. Love the IP and the wood grain decals look beautiful.

Looking at all the details you added and comparing them to the rev counter cables; completely agree about replacing them.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Amazing work, Wolf! You'll have this done before I even get a chance to write my review! Just struggling for free time at the moment. No idea how I used to manage with a full-time job! That's something I'll have to deal with again soon enough, though.

More please!

Kev

Thanks Kev! You know how slow I build so you may very well have the review written before I've finished. Nonetheless you have your hands full right now so stick with lookin' after the family. The rest will fall in to place as it needs to.

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi Wolf

Awesome start on the Camel and I'm taking notes this time around. Love the IP and the wood grain decals look beautiful.

Looking at all the details you added and comparing them to the rev counter cables; completely agree about replacing them.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! As with most single seat WWI aircraft, once the IP is installed within the fuselage, the guns added, and the top wing in place, the tachometer cable detail may not be all that visible anyhow so we'll see, pardon the pun............;)

Cheers,

Wolf

Outstanding. 

You're doing it with one hand tied behind your back, right? ;)

Well, not quite Dale, but close. Thank goodness I'm right handed eh? The Dr. wanted to do my right hand fairly quickly as well but I thought no freakin' way!

Cheers,

Wolf

Geez, Dean.......you made me go back to make sure I hadn't placed the manufacturer's data placard upside down. LOL!

.......and Harvey's right about the time displayed on the clock. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Not only is it superbly well made, it's superbly well presented and labelled. Even your camera work is excellent!

Really couldn't ask for more.

• 2 weeks later...

I've slowly been working on bits and pieces of the Camel. The kit seat bottom and cushion are moulded as part of the fuselage box frame construction so it had to be carefully sawed off. The seat cushion was retained to fit in the BarracudaCast resin wicker seat. The forward cowling is attached to it's sprue on either side so the fine raised fastener detail was lost when sanding the sprue attachment point. Archer's resin rivet decals were used to replace the lost detail. The machine guns are completely box stock with the exception of replacing the muzzle openings with 0.5mm brass tubing from Bob's Buckles. Who said they're only good for rigging eh?

I'm waiting for some items from Taurus Models to embellish a few cockpit and engine details and I hope they arrive soon so I can continue on. I had mentioned in my original post that I thought I should have replaced the kit tachometer cable with a scratch built one. After attaching the air induction tube assembly to the rear engine mount under the IP, you can barely see it so I wouldn't bother should you be so tempted!

Cheers,

Wolf

Camel-pit-1_zpsyoed2nft.jpg

Camel-pit-3_zpsivl4t4wm.jpg

Camel-pit-2_zpskzsz0xlm.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Beautiful, progress on the Camel and I'm taking notes for sure.

I'm still tinkering with my Roland in-between my mojo regeneration breaks from the Owl and I'll be posting a few photos in a day or so.

Just love your touch on the details and paint work - beautifully done

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Wolfe,

Just a impressive build. All those small added details really make quite a difference like the black decal strips for the straps, and the brass tubing for the gun barrels.

Looking forward to your next update.

Joel

Thank-you Joel. I found a long time ago that if you need to paint a straight line like the fuel tank straps or even hose clamps using decal material is way easier and it has razor sharp edges. So why paint eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Beautiful, progress on the Camel and I'm taking notes for sure.

I'm still tinkering with my Roland in-between my mojo regeneration breaks from the Owl and I'll be posting a few photos in a day or so.

Just love your touch on the details and paint work - beautifully done

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you're doing with the Roland. It's a kit I've not yet acquired but it's on my radar. Hopefully they won't be gone by the time I can afford one. Which version are you working on?

Cheers,

Wolf