Photo

Did anyone every do decals for a 1/32 F9F-2?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Collin

Collin

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Screwed up a perfectly good F9F-5 build a few years back, no fault of the Fisher model....just the person typing this email. I do have the Sea Fury silently calling me from the stash.

Interested to know if anyone every produced aftermarket F9F-2 decals in 1/32? Tons of colorful schemes out there...I just haven't found any.

I guess this is my way of convincing myself to just buy the F9F-2 kit and give it another go.

Cheers
Collin

#2 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

Alas no! Same problem for the other Panther or Cougar kits.

The problem is linked to the amount of produced kits. Generally, a maximum of some hundreds is produced. If you consider a part of the owners will be satisfied by the box decals, this leaves a quite narrow market and hence no profitability margin for an aftermarket producer. So, if you want another scheme, the best solution is to make custom masks and/or decals.

Hth

Thierry
  • Out2gtcha likes this

#3 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

maybe i'm suggesting the obvious, but did you contact Paul himself on your search?

And if you don't mind me asking, did you screw up the complete kit or just the decal placement process, if it's the latter i might be able to help.

J.

Edited by Jack, 07 December 2016 - 09:15 PM.

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#4 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,898 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

Agree with Jack on this one...................Paul is a great guy to work with, and has in my experience bent over backwards to help as needed.   Give him a call, the worst that can happen is you end up in the exact same place you currently are. 

Otherwise, if you really get in a pinch and someone can design you a scheme, I can print out Vector formats on my Portrait mask cutter, and have plenty of extra Ora-mask 810 if you need. 

LMK

• Jack likes this

#5 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Aftermarket decals for a high end, cottage industry specialized product is a very quick way to lose a bundle of money.  

"It's all part of the show..."

#6 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:32 AM

A little confused...did you screw up the -2 or -5? They are different. If you can come up with national markings, I might spare some of the decals that came with the kit. I think I have both the -2 and the -5, too. Going to have to wait as I am out of town for four more weeks, but not going to do all of the schemes!

Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users