Italeri 1/32 F-35 breaks cover

Scotsman

This should sell extremely well for them, and I'm happy for the guys who build modern stuff. I hope Italeri has taken the time to get it right. I always wonder how the research is done on very new types, it's not likely that they would let model companies scan them.  

I think Canada will probably end up with them once the competition is wrapped up, but it's not an aircraft that excites me. That's not a political comment. :)

Richard

Just seeing it in profile (like Menelaos his message) reminds me of  one fact that kept on "bothering" me in the F35 concept:

It's twin tail dimensions look so, .... i don't know, out of scale, like they are out of proportion in respect to the rest, too small? Not beefy enough?

Well like i said, it's the impression i got, and ofcourse aerodynamically it should be right....but then again.

just my 2 p's

J.

Just seeing it in profile (like Menelaos his message) reminds me of  one fact that kept on "bothering" me in the F35 concept:

It's twin tail dimensions look so, .... i don't know, out of scale, like they are out of proportion in respect to the rest, too small? Not beefy enough?

Well like i said, it's the impression i got, and ofcourse aerodynamically it should be right....but then again.

just my 2 p's

J.

Jack I don't know but from that point of view ist's very difficult to get any right dimensions....

Edited by Menelaos

Like others have said, I'm going to wait for the B version and hopefully replicate a British example... 617 Squadron 1/32nd Lancaster alongside a 617 Squadron F-35B as a 'then and now' anyone?  :whistle:

I had the pleasure of seeing a USAF F-35A (flying with a P-51) and the RAF's first F-35B at Fairford airshow last summer, and I must say it was seriously impressive. To see the RAF B model come in at high speed, stop in what seemed like a few yards and hover so impeccably steadily and then speed off into the distance at some ridiculous rate of knots certainly got the juices flowing. I must say that I love it!

Jack I don't know but from that point of view ist's very difficult to get any right dimensions....

Menelaos ofcourse i know what you're saying, but it's just a general impression, looking at the aircraft, especially in profile, it more or less lacks vertical tail surface dimensions, e.g. compared to other twin tail aircraft in the business like F15, F18, and not to mention the Sukhoi twin tailed aircraft, but ofcourse as i already mentioned it's just an idea, so just skip my thoughts on that one, no worries.

Guest Peterpools

I'll be a multiple purchaser for sure and would love to have an A,B & C.

No  doubt that over time, more F-35 models will be come available as the aircraft enters service.

Peter

No  doubt that over time, more F-35 models will be come available as the aircraft enters service.

Peter

i agree, eventually it'll turn out the same way as history had the F104 and F16 introduced in NATO forces.......

Edited by Jack