Kitty Hawk T-28C

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

Glen has sent me some preview images of Kitty Hawk's upcoming T-28C kit (KH32015), which I've published on the website at the following link:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/news/news.php?nid=200

The kit is due in June. Here's a look at the box art:

200-11.jpg

Looks good!

Kev

Guest Clunkmeister

Well, I've built four of the T-28B, and they're on display all over the Dallas area, so you can bet I'll do more than one of these.

One of the best kits Kitty Hawk has made in 1/32, right up there with the Kingfisher, in my opinion.

I think I had the first T-28 B finished on LSP, I built it OOB in a couple weeks, so if they say June,.... I'll be doing an OOB build which will go with me to the Nats in Omaha.

I'm looking forward to it. Either the box top scheme or a white and orange twin to the B...

Edited by Clunkmeister

Great to see the T-28C is making it out. Surprised they didn't include the sharkmouth C scheme that they originally showed on the pre-release first boxing images before changing it to the correct B/D scheme for that release.

Plug.... two C airframes were already included in the AOA T-28 decal sheet 32-015: one VNAF and one Lao (latter though also needs yankee seats)

Guest Clunkmeister

Great to see the T-28C is making it out. Surprised they didn't include the sharkmouth C scheme that they originally showed on the pre-release first boxing images before changing it to the correct B/D scheme for that release.Plug.... two C airframes were already included in the AOA T-28 decal sheet 32-015: one VNAF and one Lao (latter though also needs yankee seats)

Yeah, I was already thinking ahead to that. Harold has the resin, you have the decals, we're good to go.

Guest Clunkmeister

For dummies: What makes the difference?

BTW, like the Texan kit much. Another very nice KH kit.

Regards

- dutik

Visible?

Shorter prop, (the wide prop included in the first kit is close), arresting gear with corresponding cutout on the bottom rear fuselage. You can spot a T-28C, even a civilian bird with the hook removed from a mile away, especially from the rear.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

Tony, look at my OOB build in the case at Hobbytown Plano where the Club meets. That was OOB in a week and a half. It's an amazing kit, brother!

Guest Clunkmeister

The changes are minimal from the B. Different rear fuselage insert, and the carrier stuff.

Plus, the original B release had the arrestor hook controls already in it.

Heck, it even came with a Fennec scoop.  :)