More book covers sought: M-Hobby

LSP_K2

And here we have yet another interesting area of the references section that could certainly benefit from a little help. This section of the references database (M-Hobby) currently has but 7 books listed, none of which have covers, so,… we now need all 7 covers to make this section complete.
And these seven books are:

Istrebityel I-16 - thanks Internet!
La-9, La-11 - thanks Alex Rusetski!
Messerschmitt Bf 109B-1  - thanks Peter!
Bronirovanni Shturmovik Il-2 - thanks Alex Rusetski!
MiG-15 - thanks Alex Rusetski!
Pe-2 - thanks Alex Rusetski!
Pe-2: Part 2 - thanks Alex Rusetski!

Public M-Hobby pages located here.

As usual, if you have any of these books and could scan the cover and send to K1 or myself for inclusion in the database, we'd certainly appreciate it immensely, and of course if you have others that are not in the database yet, we're certainly not opposed to having that information either.

Please Note: A reminder that we'd prefer not to just snatch web images, but rather use our own scans, thus avoiding potential rights issues or other unpleasant stuff.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can offer, fellas.

Edited by LSP_Typhoonattack

This is the Armada series of M-Hobby. I don't have any of the books above, but there are more books in the line that I have at hand:

R-5 and R-Z

Tu-22

Su-17

I am on the road these days. Will send you images of my Armada aircraft books the next week.

BTW, These books are great. Softcover, printed on high quality glossy paper, mostly large and clear b/w photos, color profiles, line drawings, discussion of development, variants, armament, service. Mostly Russian text.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Thanks very much, Dutik. Yes, I saw on the web that these all seemed to be Armada series books, and though I have a couple of the Armor books, I have very few of their aircraft books.

Not a biggie. I also own two of the armor books, one each about the BT and the T-26. The Bf-109B book is not Armada, but the "white series" from M-hobby. I have it at hand too. If you know the Bf-109 book from SAM publikation - the images are there, but the russian book has much larger and clearer images, and some more too. Will add this too.

Regards

- dutik

And that will be greatly appreciated too. I find some of the Russian publications to be quite interesting, and even though I don't read the language, the photos are usually great.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1969 edition of:

Zero Fighter.

Introduction by Saburo Sakai.

It's a Purnell History of the 2nd world war. I've had it many many years. 

20170405_191603_zpslkh29pzs.jpg

Thanks to Alex Rusetski for supplying all but two of the required covers for this section. Nearly there! Anybody got either of the last two?

Kev

That's seriously cool. Thanks very much, Alex, we certainly are glad for the help.

I tend to avoid Russian language books.

I can follow French, I'm learning German - but Russian I can't get my head around.

They tend to have a "Great Patriotic War" perspective and are very, very proud of WWII Russia and, as a result, are more than a little biased. They also tend to to be a little loose with facts.

I tend to avoid Russian language books.

I can follow French, I'm learning German - but Russian I can't get my head around.

They tend to have a "Great Patriotic War" perspective and are very, very proud of WWII Russia and, as a result, are more than a little biased. They also tend to to be a little loose with facts.

Perhaps, but frequently they also seem to have access to photos not generally seen elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we've run this one for a little while now, and had no movement on the last 2 entries. I was able to find what I think is the correct cover for the I-16 book on the web, but had no luck with the Bf 109B book. Perhaps it's time to move on.

Kev

We still have foul weather, ongoing for weeks. This is no spring this year in Germany. Rainy, overcast, cold, even snowing sometimes. Waiting for a weekend with a sunny, dry (and not so windy) day to take some photos outside, without flash.

Regards

- dutik