Tail Boom Productions 1:1 RAF Spade Grip. 10/28/17 Completed.

LSP_Ray

I hope to try and do a build of Trumpeter's 1/24th Spit Vb kit, but having a look at the cockpit and the amount of work to bring it up to snuff...

Anyway, to try and make sure I finish something for a Group Build on time, I will do this relatively simple kit:

post-39-0-09435600-1450680313_thumb.jpg

It is a 1:1 scale kit made by Maurizio Di Terlizzi, who has a range of 1:1 WWII gunsites and grips.

Here are the parts. 

post-39-0-02436100-1450680430_thumb.jpg

Note this is for the MG-armed Spit or Hurri. Maurizio has just released a cannon-armed version. If I get it soon enough, I will trade out that one for this one. It would be a good mate with the cannon-armed Vb. Some of the parts should be the same so I can start cleaning these off and swap them for parts from the second kit. Anyway, should be interesting!

First will be to replace a couple parts. The whole thing is pretty stout except for two parts that are thin resin that could break easy and one has broken in shipment. I am thinking I might replace it with thin brass sheet. We will see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on it!!! Thanks for the support, guys.

I need to update the pics; I am switching to the new cannon armed model. Just got it from Maurizio/Tailboom. IF (big if) I get the Trumpy kit done, too, will make a nice companion piece.

Right now I am cleaning up seams so kind of boring for pictures. One of the downers of full scale pieces: lots of seam!

Oh, and I have that 1:1 scale gunsight to go with it for a future project!