I'm In!

Probably the last update before completing the build. I ordered some Quickboost exhausts because I just could not find one of the finished exhaust. Crazy...

Fuel stains and because the sheen made the model look too newish, I added more dullcote to give it a more splotchy look.

2cGM8QK.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

You've been on quite a journey with your Spitfire builds Shaka and done a damned good job and experimented/learned a lot and that's an important aspect of our hobby. We're all continually striving to make our next build better than the previous one and the only way to do that is to be analytical about the techniques involved and self-critical about the results.

You've succeeded on all counts; a very fine Spitfire and I'm sure a vastly improved understanding how to try to achieve the Holy Grail of the perfect model!

Max

Well..it's been a "long journey", but the Spitfire is complete. I'm very happy with the results! Special thanks to Max, Carl, Don and Guy (where are you?) -- your inputs were invaluable. Maru -- thanks for the being the "cheerleader" for the build (and the entire forum for that matter)! Kevin -- means a lot for a moderator to make any comments...Thank you all for any comments you all have made. Aloha!

Edit: And Harvey -- the man of "Instant Likes" (do you ever sleep?)!

And to Mr. Brooks -- I can see the passion this aircraft can elicit to any aviation enthusiast. And non-enthusiast, as they can identify it just by sight! Rest in Peace, good sir!

(I used the wheels/tires from the Tamiya Mk. IXc and I found the lost exhaust!)

7aHYD2K.jpg

ycFHBiz.jpg

MGeLLtO.jpg

9TNhSgh.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Hi Shaka, congratulations on getting your Spitfire over the line.

It has been a pleasure to follow along and the end result looks fine.

You have certainly endured some trials along the way but I think the learning experience has been beneficial.

Well done and good job.

As to what is next, Eric "Winkle" Brown flew a wealth of airframe types. There must be something in the stash that you could pull out and build.

Cheers.