The Air War Over Vietnam Group Build Discussion Thread

LSP_Paul

Nah, my Scooter is past the 10% point. Closer to 20% I would say. I have a WIP thread here somewhere with it. Started and sidelined last year. Making one of (arguably) Mike Estocin's MoH mounts from VA-192.

Well, Lets Cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm just glad you're on board.

Paul

This sounds good, I just aquired a Skyhawk.

Can we put a restrainer on Mike, AKA Phantom...that he do something OTHER than an F4 Phantom?? :whistle:   I've seen his collection.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

That wouldn't be nice.... and besides its obviously his favorite Aircraft  :)  That would be like asking John B NOT to build P-51's...Hmmmmm

I wonder if we can get John On Board? 

Paul

Well Yes Mark! that's a Great Choice! And I think we may have enough people to actually get this thing finalized and call it a real Group Build!  

I'm Very Happy all you guys like the idea and I hope we keep adding people who are interested  :)

Paul 

Brad, that's why I INCLUDED SAMS, I may scratch build the US TALOS Missile..There is also the HAWK missile system that would be a great candidate, I believe they were used in Theater...I will have to check on that. By All means Build the SA-2  :)

Paul 

Ahh I just did some quick checking HAWK was introduced by the USMC in Viet Nam in 1965, the US ARMY also deployed the system in country later that same year.  :)  So there are more then a few SAM options out there. 

Paul 

I do have the Tamiya F-4J Marines in the stash with some aftermarket which I plan to build in the near future in the markings of the only Phantom all Marine air to air kill of the Vietnam war. Was going to be Showtime 100 but thats been done to death. A group build might just be the kick in the butt needed to get started on it.