What happened to thoses Trumpeter kits!!

Sukhoi

Yet another example of a thread morphing into one of those I want.......topics. :doh: :P

That's how it started: what happened to the?... ...and I want one! And one of those...!

Although I buy in all scales, I have no doubt that Kitty Hawk's pledged Jaguars will do extremely well (and even shift some die-hard 1/48-ers into 1/32, as will the Hong Kong F-4K. Serious migration).

As long as Tan Model pull off a spectacular Su-33 Sea Flanker I think they may set a pattern whereby people will buy heaps of F-4/RF-4s and Buccaneers in its wake - the same way people today buy anything with Tamiya on the box.

And we don't need any chortling or negativity on this. The Buccaneer has a pan-European following, as do the Spey Phantoms, so if you think that a high quality 1/32 Brick won't sell you probably couldn't find your backside with two hands and a map.

Tony

Besides which, aiming for the 30 year old Asian male doesn't explain the Trumpeter EE Lightning, Swordfish, F-117 or Super Hornet - all of which have very limited appeal in the Asian market - or indeed the lack of any Japanese aircraft in their 1/32 catalogue.

And what about the Horten and DO-335, do these appeal the Asian market, saying that, the where produced by......ZM and HK who are Asian producers, German subjects that where pointed to the European market by Asian's, why not Jaguar, Harrier, Phantom en so many more........Don't get me wrong on this, i think they produce fine kit's in their own way, you can't argue about that, but on a more historical matter, Phantom, Jaguar, Buccaneer, Harrier are far more popular subjects on a far more global area than two German almost not war (unknown) related items. 

Edited by DannyVM

And what about the Horten and DO-335, do these appeal the Asian market, saying that, the where produced by......ZM and HK who are Asian producers, German subjects that where pointed to the European market by Asian's, why not Jaguar, Harrier, Phantom en so many more........Don't get me wrong on this, i think they produce fine kit's in their own way, you can't argue about that, but on a more historical matter, Phantom, Jaguar, Buccaneer, Harrier are far more popular subjects on a far more global area than two German almost not war (unknown) related items.

That meets the other sales rule - anything with a swastika or a grey painted jet will also have universal appeal.

IIRC it was Song who posted these pics all those years ago, and who now works for KHM I beleive.

Oh yes the elusive Mr Song.

Didn't he also post pics of a 1/32 Typhoon or Tempest that also never happened ?

You still up for a 1/32 Jaguar Brian or should I say Jagwar?

:)

Oh yes the elusive Mr Song.

Didn't he also post pics of a 1/32 Typhoon or Tempest that also never happened ?

You still up for a 1/32 Jaguar Brian or should I say Jagwar?

:)

Yes, and HELL yes!     Glen has indicated on multiple occasions that KHM will have the Shaguar out for 2019!! 

Yes, and HELL yes!     Glen has indicated on multiple occasions that KHM will have the Shaguar out for 2019!! 

I take it that's a yes then?

:evil_laugh:

A much underrated plane the old Jaaaaag.

Not many aircraft that could take off from ANY part of an airfield.

From about 40 seconds in: