F-105D tweak list

thierry laurent

Thanks for this usefull listing.

On the other hand, the Cutting Edge sets are now quite difficult to get, and the prices on Ebay often go irrealisticly high. A few days ago, i gave up on a corrected D canopy set, because it has gone over $60, and that's not the most expensive that i've seen (more than $100 for a canopy is not a myth). If you also have to buy the other CE correction sets on this highly speculative (financially, i mean !) OOP aftermarket parts, you have to spend almost twice the price of the kit, and this without taking account of the "findable" AM parts (Aires or Avionix cockpit, wheel bays....).

So it would be great if someone would release some new corrections, at "normal price" for those very nice kits (D and G).

Edited by Zero77

Nice to see this list, Thierry, as well as all the others you've done. Sold both of my Thud kits, but I may eventually buy one or both again, and this list will be handy to have when the time comes.

On the other hand, the Cutting Edge sets are now quite difficult to get, and the prices on Ebay often go irrealisticly high. A few days ago, i gave up on a corrected D canopy set, because it has gone over $60, and that's not the most expensive that i've seen (more than $100 for a canopy is not a myth). If you also have to buy the other CE correction sets on this highly speculative (financially, i mean !) OOP aftermarket parts, you have to spend almost twice the price of the kit, and this without taking account of the "findable" AM parts (Aires or Avionix cockpit, wheel bays....).

I know what your talking about. I tried getting that set from that same seller twice with no success. Also, it's interesting to it's the same seller selling those and other Cutting Edge (A-10 cockpit/exterior). I wonder if he's just recasting his own??

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Aries still have stuff for the Thud kits, including recent Quickboost scoops, AAR probe and strake items...

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?keyword_search=F-105&setPerPage=25&scale_id=953&search_direction=asc&pageID=1

Master has recently issued a turned pitot tube, but we really could use replacement canopies.

Are the later G releases devoid of the cold shot moulding seam lines?

Tony

If there is anything you need for the "D" look me up. I might have a few spares left over from my build a couple yrs ago.....Harv

the other thing that has to be addressed as a correction is the spine.  In late '67 a backup hydraulic system was added and a spine was added from behind the cockpit to the tail.  If you model an aircraft prior to late '67 the spine should be removed.  Broughton's aircraft "Alice's Joy" didn't have the spine.

Bruce

• 3 years later...

hello

Usefull thread!

thank you all.

Yes Thierry, I printed out the one for the F-4 and will be using it. Thanks.....Harv

I searched but was unfortunately unale to find the Phantom tweak list.

Anyone has a link?

Thanks in advance

Romain