Next WNW

Dave Williams

The other is #131 Junkers Monoplanes At War, has some good info on the two-seat Cl monoplanes as well

Thanks. It must be OOP then, as Albatros doesn't show it on their site, and there's no listing in our database either. (I've wanted to create an Excel listing of all datafiles, especially the ones that are currently OOP, but have not done so as yet.)

Unless I missed something, didn't these planes only equip a single squadron? Almost the WW1 equivalent of a What-If subject.

BTW,

If one is looking for an easy rigging subject, check out their Hanna Brandenburg W.12. Got a total of 8 lines.

Thanks. It must be OOP then, as Albatros doesn't show it on their site, and there's no listing in our database either. (I've wanted to create an Excel listing of all datafiles, especially the ones that are currently OOP, but have not done so as yet.)

Seems like it may well be now...  Remind me later and i can snap a pic of the cover for the database when I get home tonight

I have mixed feelings on this one.  It is an interesting aircraft and I will likely buy one at some point, but it wouldn't be in the next 10 (or more) new releases from WNW if I was in charge.

There is so much more interesting stuff I would prefer first! 

If you one of the people who complains about rigging, this one's for you!

Drop me your email address, and I'll send you the list I have of all the Albatros publications that I'm aware of.

That one is a definite "must-buy" for me. But why are they ignoring French aircraft?

Why ask us? We are not the owner of the firm and thus do not know why anything?

WNW  reminds me of the early days of model making. Back in the 1920-30-era a guy would start his firm by working in his garage.  It was his company, as modest as it was, and he was free to decide on which aircraft to kit.

He was involving his time and energy and labor and investment cash to produce models of airplanes he likes. He does not need to please anybody with his offerings.

There were no stock holders and no MBA twerps who decided on planes to produce in terms of making a profit. If a person does not like what he is producing then he can go make whatever airplane kits he wants. 

I understand that completely.

I may not like it when no one will  produce  a 1/32 scale kit of the Kate and the Val but aside from whining there is nothing I can do about it. 

Personally, I would like to see some 1/32 French WWl aeroplanes. Especially the ones from 1912 to 1916. The French produced some very interesting aircraft back then. But I'm not a gonna spend my time on them.  I have other things to do.

Such is life.

:punk:

WNW  reminds me of the early days of model making. Back in the 1920-30-era a guy would start his firm by working in his garage.  It was his company, as modest as it was, and he was free to decide on which aircraft to kit.

He was involving his time and energy and labor and investment cash to produce models of airplanes he likes. He does not need to please anybody with his offerings.

There were no stock holders and no MBA twerps who decided on planes to produce in terms of making a profit. If a person does not like what he is producing then he can go make whatever airplane kits he wants. 

I may not like it when no one will  produce  a 1/32 scale kit of the Kate and the Val but aside from whining there is nothing I can do about it. 

Personally, I would like to see some 1/32 French WWl aeroplanes. Especially the ones from 1912 to 1916. The French produced some very interesting aircraft back then. But I'm not a gonna spend my time on them.  I have other things to do.

Such is life.

Different crew who work on/with and for WnW do read and post on the forums here FYI.   From the nature of the post, it sounds more rhetorical to me, but there is no telling if one may actually get an answer to a question like that so posing it here is not necessarily an academic endeavor. 

Such is life.

You forgot the part of the story where that guy working in his garage solely for himself goes quickly out of business because he didn't listen to the MBA twerps.

:rofl:

WNW are in a slightly different situation, however, as I guess they don't need to make a profit.  They just need to break even.

Different crew who work on/with and for WnW do read and post on the forums here FYI.   From the nature of the post, it sounds more rhetorical to me, but there is no telling if one may actually get an answer to a question like that so posing it here is not necessarily an academic endeavor. 

True, but I still think it is a wasted effort. 

Oh well.

Rock on.

Maybe because this is a discussion forum about model airplanes?  People are perfectly capable of discussing, even when they don't actually have all the answers.

I was thinking maybe it was because the French were behind the attack on the Rainbow Warrior, and WnW being a New Zealand company....  But then, I'm not really one for conspiracy theory. 

Charles de Gaulle would no doubt conclude that glorious France was once again being snubbed.

Seems like it may well be now...  Remind me later and i can snap a pic of the cover for the database when I get home tonight

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that.

Drop me your email address, and I'll send you the list I have of all the Albatros publications that I'm aware of.

Actually, Byrd aviation has the complete list, so for now, I'm just using that, my own titles, the Albatros site, and Google to build my own list, but I appreciate the offer. (I'm a third of the way through it already.)

Guest The Southern Bandit

Interesting, I don't think it will be overly expensive as far as WnW goes, will wait for a review or two and might get one, it would be a quicker WnW build too I'm guessing and I'm leaning more towards quicker builds just now for the most part.