"Old Revell" Ju 87B Stuka: FINISHED

Allok

Nice stuka pilot. That old boy sure could multi task with all those extra appendages ( Nazi genetic super soldier experimental program results??)

hacker :ph34r: :D

If he was 32 times bigger, we would all be in serious trouble :ph34r:

Excellent ground crew though, could get things fixed quick smart!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B) B) Ju87 there. Great job.

Love the spidey in the picture. If you poke them with your finger they do this insanely funny hoola wobbly dance like Peter Garret in Midnight Oil. Me and the kids try not to torment them too much but its pretty funny to watch them going bananas :) ;) .

I've heard that about their venom as well...lucky eh...

Cheers Matty

On the home stretch now! Leaving my run a bit late, still lots to do but confidence is high.

My 87G arrived from Hong Kong, so I've dived into the box to check out the detail accuracy compared to the Revell kit (and see what I can steal!)

First up are the dive brakes. The ones in the middle are the Revell ones which I thought were a bit thick so I decided the scratch some up from plastic (middle ones) The Hasegawa brakes are just so much better and not required for the Gunbird, so I'll be installing them on the dive-bomber... Excellent.

Stukadivebrakes.jpg

According to historic pics, T6+AD had long range fuel tanks, so I've been scavenging around in my other kits and the spares box to find some that will do the job.

The tank in the centre is the Monogram Pro-modeller tank. The two on the left are old Hasegawa ones which I have been fiddling with and the the two on the right are Haswgawa P-51 tanks which I have modified. I'm going to use the old Hasegawa ones with the pointy tails.

The U.S. tanks are a little shorter and fatter but they will look ok once I've mounted them under the wings of my 110-G2.

LuftwaffeExternaltanks5.jpg

I've used the same technique I use for tyre pressure to flatten the bottom of the tanks with mixed results, I still need some practice... no time.

LuftwaffeExternaltanks3.jpg

Ready for the cabinet.

At some point, I would like to add a new tail wheel and some weathering and perhaps a more accurate air filter. But for now, I am more than happy with the result.

Pictures195.jpg

Pictures196.jpg

The Eagle Strike decals were very good but I'm not sure what the story is with the yellow stripe. I have a pic of this plane but there is no evidence of the stripe. Perhaps this pic was taken during delivery and the yellow recognition markings were applied later.

In the end I decided to paint the tanks RLM 76, as they appeared lighter than the under side of the plane in the pics. I figured that adding tanks to a JU-87 was probably a bit of an after thought anyway, possibly for delivery or to move them to another part of the theater. In which case, they would have been generic tanks painted the same colour as the planes they were normally slung under. i.e. Focke Wulfs or Messerschmitts, which were all RLM 76. That's my theory, anyway.

By the way, the main wheels are still not glued!

There are a couple more pics of this model here:

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/Keithallott/Stuka/

Hopefully, there will be some good weather this weekend so I can take some better shots.

Really good work on the canopy too, looks a devil to mask.

Mask?

It's hand painted buddy. Never figured out how to mask them without destroying them.

To all the other builders, supporters, staff, members and especially Erwin:

Thanks to all you guys.

I had lots of fun building these two historic kits and I imagine that there are collectors all over the world watching this site with utter distain at the moment.

It's also been a great feeling getting a couple of completed kits into the cabinet... sort of (need a bigger cabinet)

There's still heaps of unmade kits in the spare room, however, so I'm looking forward to the next one- and the next one and the next one.

Thanks again guys.

Pictures174.jpg

Pictures176.jpg

Pictures177.jpg