22 replies to this topic

#16 discus

discus

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hot water or tea, with some lemon juice, honey and rhum just before you go to bed.  You'll sweat the flu out of your body during the night ;)

Edited by discus, 13 January 2018 - 10:01 PM.

• Big Texan and harvey like this

#17 Rick Griewski

Rick Griewski

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

And I've learned through bitter, bitter experience:  NEVER build a model when you're sick.

Chemical fumes not good for lungs and eyes. #11 blades not good in finger tips. Sanding dust well... You get the drift.

Rick
  • Big Texan, harvey and CANicoll like this

#18 Big Texan

Big Texan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

Fever finally broke and feeling much better. Got residual crud, and have about 7 days more of augmentin to take. Coughing has simmered down. Just got no gas it seems and literally could sleep all day. This crud sucks! At least I'm on the other side of it. Thanks for all the well wishes! As for those of you who are sick, you have my sympathies and prayers.
  • dmthamade, The Southern Bandit and mmaben like this
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction"

#19 dmthamade

dmthamade

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Fever finally broke and feeling much better. Got residual crud, and have about 7 days more of augmentin to take. Coughing has simmered down. Just got no gas it seems and literally could sleep all day. This crud sucks! At least I'm on the other side of it. Thanks for all the well wishes! As for those of you who are sick, you have my sympathies and prayers.

I'm bad for not being able to sit still, but when i'm sick and my body is telling me to sleep, that's what I do. Don't fight it,you're being told what your body needs. Good to know you're doing better.

Don

• Big Texan and The Southern Bandit like this

#20 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

This flu season is turning out to the one of the worst in many years.  Last year this time, Northwest Medical Center in Tucson (a large Level 1 trauma center) had had 7 confirmed cases of influenza.  As of last Monday, they'd had over 180, including a perfectly healthy 22-year old young woman who died from it.  

Get your flu vaccine!!

I agree totally on this.

I'll hit 59 in 2018 (yikes) but am not in the best of health ... been mentioned before! but in recent years decided to go for NHS annual flu jab, free for employee's and rightly so, they get little perks, before this and they need to stay flu free to treat people ... the Flu hit me like a ton of bricks, really did, was grounded like Tex for over a week, then started taking the flu jabs ... and they really work, for 3 years now, 1st one made me drowsy, year later, the second one did too, but I asked this time and the injection medicine has been changed, no drowsiness at all.

£16 in NHS Scotland or free if you are eligible (I was) well worth it though.

• Big Texan and CANicoll like this

#21 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,256 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Tom

Glad you turned the corner and are finally feeling starting to feel better.  A week or so before Christmas I came down with something similar and was sick as a dog for weeks, needing two visits to the doctor. Just take it easy and don't push it.

I'm sure with every passing day, you'll fee better and better

Peter

• Big Texan likes this

Trumpeter SBD-1

gCSaNS.jpg

#22 Big Texan

Big Texan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

The problem with the flu vaccine is, this year's was a total miss! They guessed wrong! So, the flu vaccine is useless, for this year in the U.S. There are currently two strains out there, A & B. A, is the worse of the two. My poor wife has it now, and it is strain A. But, she's kept ahead of hit and has taken Tamiflu last night. Slight fever, but none of the crud I had. So, the Tamiflu will do her well. In order for Tamiflu to be truly effective, you have to get it within a certain window, otherwise, it's useless. By the time they figured I had it, it was too late for Tamiflu for me. In addition to the flu, I developed a bacterial infection, upper respiratory, that necessitated an antibiotic. After being on Augmentin for 24 hours, that turned things around for me big time. Saturday, was the last time I had a fever. You must be fever free for 24 hours before you should go back to work, etc. So says the wife, who's a nurse. Well, today, is my first time back at work. Feels weird.

• The Southern Bandit likes this
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction"

#23 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, you have to rest up and let the body take care of it best as it can.  Rest and fluids are key - glad to hear you've turned the corner!

Chris

• Big Texan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users