HBO’s � The Mighty Eighth� has a $500 000 000 Budget

Guest Martinnfb

I felt like I spent more at the aquatic shop yesterday. New reef aquarium (250 litres which I think is around 65 US Gallons), all new pumps, sumps and lighting (that's the stuff thats insanely expensive)and skimmer. Haven't even got the corals and fish sorted out yet either. No new kits for a while! One day I'll fall in to a cheap hobby!

yeah, please dont be as bad as the Pacific ..keep the personal crap out of it

I believe the problem with TP was too many divergent back-stories. BoB focused on the platoon and never let its eye off the prize. The major threads of TP didn't even intersect sometimes for several episodes, too. Structurally, it was a mess.

To be fair- BoB was able to focus on a Company of soldiers only because they stayed together through jump school, and beyond. The Pacific can't do that, as there were never any companies of Marines that were together through any schools, hence the focus on campaigns rather than the unit.

The Mighty 8th trailer shows the bombers flying along.... with incorrect national markings. On the other hand, they wouldn't have to make up any hair-raising stories for the screen, just bring to life actual events.

^^ This!

Pearl Harbor was a huge disappointment, one of the worst war movies I've ever seen.  The dialogue was California Modern: it made me cringe.  

Yup. I knew it wasn't going to be good right from the first scene, where Ben Affleck was in the theater watching the news clips showing the "German panzers pushing through France" in 1940. Except the clip showed Pershings!!! My God, like they couldn't even bother to find early German armor clips? Or at least German armor of some type?