1/12 Tamiya Porsche 935 Martini

PhilB

Since my return to the art some 8 years ago this is the only non-aircraft model I have made.

Think I was in a fed up with things with wings mood.

Very large and some parts (main body shell) dating back to the 70's but it was ok to build apart from the decals which were a nightmare to get over all the curves.

Knew a girl once who's nickname was Martini "any time, any place, anywhere" :beer:

PA172158.jpg

PA172179.jpg

PA172160.jpg

PA172183.jpg

PA172189.jpg

Phil

I had to take a second take when I opened this thread. That almost looks real!

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was real, and parked in the driveway, until I noticed it was parked on the world's largest cutting mat.

Kev

i always loved this kit! when i was a youngin' at the ripe age of 15, i saw it at my LHS for the sum of 60 bucks. I worked 2 months mowing lawns to buy that sucker, and when i finally got the money, I went to the shop to get it and it was gone! So i bought the 72nd scale B-52 instead.. then a month later, at my best friends birthday party, imagine my surprise when he opened his big present from his mom and it was MY kit!! hated him for 2 weeks over that! we eventually got over it and made up by taking pot-shots at the completed B-52 with the BB guns from 60 yds out. The one thing i remember was that the wheels melted on to the rims on the car after about a year tho.. looked like a blob of black glue. Saw that they re- released it a year ago and it's now about $120.. but seeing this build makes me wanna go out and buy it again.. BAD!! funny how some kits bring back the memories, huh?

Awesome job on the build BTW! beautiful paint and decal work there!

Cheers!

Jerry

I suddenly feel like Dry Gin and something................mixed together.................hmmmmmm a drink of some kind...........A Manhatten maybe?

It'll come to me........^_^

NICE work my friend! Very realistic looking interior as well

B

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...