Do you want Revell to release a new tool 1/32 P-51B??

alaninaustria

That's HPH with the Lanc and Me323, not HKM, who have brought you B25's, B17's, Mossies, etc. and hopefully a P-51B and Me110G

Well, the Lancaster is coming from HKM, rather than HpH. And hopefully soon! But I think Mike is aware of that; he's merely pointing out that plenty of companies appear to be choosing large scale esoterica over the early Mustang (although I grant you that the Lancaster is hardly esoteric).

Kev

An Me 323 or a Ju-52 can wait in the quiet queue for a little while longer for the three of you that might actually buy it.

Hehe, my thought exactly. I don't even know WTF an Me-323 is, nor do I care.

Hehe, my thought exactly. I don't even know WTF an Me-323 is, nor do I care.

In case you change your mind:

20161003221029.jpg

With a wingspan of almost 68" (1724 mm), it might make a nice flying R/C model... LOL

The -51B/C would be an instant hit. No doubt. An Me 323 or a Ju-52 can wait in the quiet queue for a little while longer for the three of you that might actually buy it.

Yep, those three Me 323 customers can wait until the rest of the planet gets a good P-51B/C kit. 

D

Well, plenty of companies appear to be choosing large scale esoterica over the early Mustang (although I grant you that the Lancaster is hardly esoteric).

Kev

I'm so glad you added that final caveat Kev, I was about to fall out with you big time!! :)

Max

Done,  I threw in a plug that as staff member here this P-51B wish topic is seen re-occurring a lot over the last 5 or 6 years because the Trump offering just doesn't cut it for the serious hobby enthusiast.

I could use half a dozen of each of whatever Trumpeter think a 1/32 Saab J35 Draken or Sukhoi Su-15 Flagon look like.

Tony

Isn't lobbying Revell to do the P51B a tactical mistake? On past performance anything that isn't German does not seem to have the same care taken over it. I think somebody mentioned they sub out the CAD to anybody who is interested and then they're hounded 48 hours later for the files. Just saying...

I've heard the same thing, and is the very same reason I'd never offer up my CAD work to someone, only to do it on a forced and impractical schedule. 

Isn't lobbying Revell to do the P51B a tactical mistake? On past performance anything that isn't German does not seem to have the same care taken over it. I think somebody mentioned they sub out the CAD to anybody who is interested and then they're hounded 48 hours later for the files. Just saying...

I think they have exercised far more care on the P-51D than they did on say, the Spitfire or He 219. I am sure those involved the the P-51D were insistent on getting it right and I reckon the P-51B would be no different.

Well, the Lancaster is coming from HKM, rather than HpH. And hopefully soon! But I think Mike is aware of that; he's merely pointing out that plenty of companies appear to be choosing large scale esoterica over the early Mustang (although I grant you that the Lancaster is hardly esoteric).

Kev

Nope ! , just confused as usual ...

maxwell-smart1.gif

Thanks tho Kevin.