Israeli P-51D Mustang *Completed*

BradG

Wings are on. I'm still not happy with the joins here, but I'll work on them once the paint dries. Most riveting and re-scribing is done but I still need to work on the under surface a little in that regard.

P1010011_zps73cc071c.jpg

P1010012_zpsc5e14a7e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haven't done much on this as I've been pretty busy along with cricket taking up a lot of spare time but we have all senior teams in the finals for the first time in 20 years so all was not lost on that front. Anyways, half hours work tonight made up some machine guns that although I just eyeballed them, look 100% better than what you get in the kit.

P1010012_zpse2a4013b.jpg

P1010011_zps2158567b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I haven't forgotten about this. I've broken out the airbrush again after I put it away for summer. Our evaporative air-conditioning makes it all but impossible to airbrush for more than 10 minutes before blowing water. I might need a trip to the LHS though as I've run out of grey for the undersides.

P1010003_zps31d124e2.jpg

I've had to modify the spinner a little as the prop didn't quite fit. I cut away the middle of the back plate and widened both holes for the prop. It'll look ok as the spinner is cammoed. Now to see if I can get away with 15 minutes of airbrushing when its 90% humidity....

P1010004_zpsc603501c.jpg

Edited by BradG

Alright, more paint and it feels like I'm making progress again. There are a couple of little issues I've got to patch up that I missed in construction, but that won't take long.

P1010005_zps0362cec2.jpg