Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

Hmmm.  Didn't know this recreated Vickers Vimy existed!  Wouldn't a model of THIS be lovely! 

Would make for a very interestingly sized model kit in 1/32 scale; something like 16" x 25"....a bit bigger than the large sized AEG but not as crazy big as the Felixstowe or Gotha.  

Big, but manageable.  

The Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg is less than a week away! 

Set to open on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.

Perhaps we will get some early bird reports from the show the day before when everyone is setting up their displays?  

It won't be long now before we will know the identity of the new WNW kit.

I can't wait.

:frantic:

Guest The Southern Bandit

When I was into U-Control flying models our club, the Chicago U-Line Pilots,

U Control ... is that what we in UK would call Control Line? I used to do that too in my teens, great fun, had a large scale Graupner FW-190 under construction from when we were based in Germany, then we were posted back to UK and it had to go :( , but I flew stunt models and combat models too with a long streamer flying from each plane and the object was for each flyer to try cut each others ribbon with your prop ... fun days, never did get into full R/C aero-modelling though as I intended to do, Motorcycles and Girls came into my life and all that stuff stopped :)

U Control ... is that what we in UK would call Control Line? 

We (besides Stephen) normally call it control line here too.   That was a bit before my time, but my dad and older brother used to do it all the time.   

Guest The Southern Bandit

Sorry for topic tangent, but yeah Aeromodelling was fun, loved the construction involved in that too, mostly balsa and tissue then dope to tighten it all up ... that stuff could make you high!, even mixed my own fuel for the little engines, great fun and I learned a lot from it all really, built and flew free flight and gliders too back then ... no Xboxes, computers, internet or other gadgets in those days, this was our fun! Did plastic scale modelling then too, but even that (our) hobby has changed beyond recognition to what it is today ... amazing really.

For anyone wondering what U-Control or Control line is or was, wee vid for ya, sorry for tangent again folks, back to topic discussion now and I still hope its a Dr.I we get this time.

Edit: I remember now some guys would run a third middle wire for throttle control too, mostly for the scale model stuff.

Edited by The Southern Bandit