Revell 1/144 BAe 146-200

LSP_Kevin

I've been working on this one on and off in the background for some weeks now. It was meant to be a quick build, but all manner of the usual complications slowed it down. Anyway, I've had a push over the last week or so to get it finished, and now it is! Despite having lots of (self-inflicted) flaws, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Decals are from Draw Decals. I just can't go past the classy elegance of that red and white Qantas livery!

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

And here's a shot of the model posed on the base print I'm currently preparing the wood for:

file-8.jpg

As always, thanks for looking!

Kev

Thanks Ron. The A380 is a monster kit! Do you have it? I'd love to see you build it if you do. I'll be building mine in (you guessed it) Qantas livery. I can post a shot of the A380's fuselage next to this one, if it helps give a sense of size and perspective.

Kev

Ron, here's some photos showing the relative size of this model and the A380. Firstly, for reference, here's the 146 posed underneath my 1/32 D-11 conversion:

file-11.jpg

You can also see my brand-new JH Models stand in action. Now, the 146 posed in front of the port fuselage half of the A380 kit (remembering that they're both in the same scale):

file-9.jpg

And just for kicks, the 1/32 D-11 and the Airbus together:

file-10.jpg

I'm really looking forward to building the A380 some day, but not until I've solved the obvious display issues!

Kev

Thanks chaps.

Do you ever post to Airliner Cafe?

I don't, though I'm aware of it. I'm on the Airliner Modelers Digest (AMD) mailing list though. I really enjoy building airliners, but I try to keep them as AMS-free as possible.

Kev

Thanks chaps.

I don't, though I'm aware of it. I'm on the Airliner Modelers Digest (AMD) mailing list though. I really enjoy building airliners, but I try to keep them as AMS-free as possible.

Kev

I just recently grabbed a 1:100 Doyusha 767 I intend do as KLM. I also have a 1:200 Hasegawa L-1011 I'm working on as an Ozark Airlines bird. While I realize full well Ozark never flew the L-1011, I still thought it would be fun to combine the two. (I need to be 40 years younger so I can finish all this stuff.)

Desk005.jpg

Very nice work on the 146 Kevin - you must be very proud of it, especially as it is your national airline as well!:goodjob:

I still like 1/144 scale airliner models - I started plane spotting back in the early 70's, so I like airline colour schemes from this era (so I have personally witnessed many classic airliners in classic colour schemes, including Quantas 'V-jet' B720s and B707-138B...the latter one of which John Travolta pilots these days!).

Cheers

Derek

Nice to see some people who are also into airliners. Coincidentally, I got a bit back into airliners again last week. I spend most of the weekend filling the windows of a Revell 747-400, and tried some thinning of the trailing edges. This kit is quite a dog. BTW, does anybody have the instructions for Revells 747-400 for me? Lost mine somewhere... :BANGHEAD2:

The BAe 146-kit on the other hand is really nice one, with very beautiful details, and I think the Quantas colours suit it very well. Actually, they suit most plane pretty well :D

Anyways, I really like that little fellow. Good job!

BTW, do you know, where the designation comes from?

I tell you:

1 engine is always broken

the plane has 4

6 would be better!

146! As easy as this :lol:

Someone else also suggested that BAe actually stands for "buy another engine"... :rolleyes:

Someone else also suggested that BAe actually stands for "buy another engine"... :rolleyes:

:lol:

...I heard about something very similar for Boeing - 'Bits of engines in neumerous gardens', or somesuchthing...Allegedly!:D

Derek

Just completed the base, and thought I'd throw in a photo with the model in position:

file-12.jpg

Auto-focus seems to have locked onto the base rather than the model, but I think it's a pretty effective display for something so simple.

Kev