MRC 1/35 UH-1C Huey Gunship

Texas

Thanks Guys....Here's the finished model...It's not perfect by any measure but for my first Huey I am happy with the results....I have learned some valuable model building lessons on this one that I can apply to future builds...So don't be bashful about voicing your opinion because that's one of the ways I learn to improve....

Duna.jpg

Dunb.jpg

Dund.jpg

Dune.jpg

Dunf.jpg

Dunh.jpg

Duni.jpg

Dunk.jpg

Dunl.jpg

Thats All Folks

Texas :speak_cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed watching the various steps of the build on your Huey.

What would you do different if you were going to build the same helo tomorrow??? More details, different paintjob, More time on weathering......???

Oliver

I really enjoyed watching the various steps of the build on your Huey.

What would you do different if you were going to build the same helo tomorrow??? More details, different paintjob, More time on weathering......???

Oliver

If I were going to start the same kit again. First I would get the three Edward Sets and then progress along adding more detail to the interior. Most likely scratch-building some along the way. While fitting the interior I would add a couple of formers between the interior floor to hold the flusage bottom straighter to cut down on the thick filler on the bottom. I would also glue the inner wall parts to the flusage haves that separate the cargo doors and crew doors. Before assemble I would glue the interior roof to the left side flusage to try and hold the top of the flusage haves in line and requiring less filling and sanding.

Now to the armament, it needs to be total reworked especially the mini-guns.

As far as paint and weathering I am not sure what I would do different, maybe lighten the OD more and possible go with some pre shading.

I am not sure if all this would make a better model but I may try it later on...As for now I have to switch gears and get back to work on the Trumpter A-10 I have going..

Do you have any ideas that I might use on the next one????

Texas :speak_cool: