Mals Way...Bf109E1 and Bf109E4....

Mal_Belford

No, I'm using the old Hase kit, sadly, but it was in the stash. I'm trying to correct it some without breaking the bank. Using the Aires pit and wheel wells, plus a dab of other AM, but still requires a lot of scratching to correct the bad stuff. I'm doing it to give my mind a break from the P-38.

The Aires wells are decent, but could use some added detail, so I'm planning to try foil for the canvas covers and some decal rivets in the rest. 

Hello Mal.

I think your well looks awesome thus far. I intend to follow this thread with great interest. I have two cockpit sets coming for two of the kits below. The other is a profi pack so I am covered there.

There is a video Eduard 109E4 on Youtube. Easy to find.

I suspect you will teach me so much you'll have to send me an invoice. :D

Here's why I am so keen.

20161115_110640_zpsttleizyz.jpg

20161115_110757-1_zpsvmdbq9fj.jpg

Thanks for the upcoming lessons. Your price is very reasonable. :D

Cheers Mal. Dale.

Youre Loaded......sweet.

With the upgrades you got on the pic, they turned in to profipaks....

Note with theese Eduard kits....treat them as they were shortruns...it is not Tamiya fit, explained earlier, done two of theese earlier....meaning some work...but they are indeed fun and great kits....

I will desl with them pitfalls on this build thread....but you can read others aswell where it clearöy shows....intake under the engine the coole with pe poor fit needs to be trimmed....the intakes under the wings are poor fit...and a few more.

The only upgrade i obtained for theese two

Were the resin wheels from eduard...i do know that later releases of the E4 had resin wheels included to correct them wheeels (how i know...well had one kit same as in this build).

You can uilf this one without all the corrections...it will turn out a great model without them....or do a few or even go in hardcore to correct em all...as earlier posted there is a tweaklist.

I will not correct em all...but a few/many that i feel/ ads to the whole....we will see along this journey....

So come aboard...and hey why not start youre builds aswell...as there are few in this that shure known their BF10ps and can help you with corrections and specs....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Youre Loaded......sweet.

With the upgrades you got on the pic, they turned in to profipaks....

Note with theese Eduard kits....treat them as they were shortruns...it is not Tamiya fit, explained earlier, done two of theese earlier....meaning some work...but they are indeed fun and great kits....

I will desl with them pitfalls on this build thread....but you can read others aswell where it clearöy shows....intake under the engine the coole with pe poor fit needs to be trimmed....the intakes under the wings are poor fit...and a few more.

The only upgrade i obtained for theese two

Were the resin wheels from eduard...i do know that later releases of the E4 had resin wheels included to correct them wheeels (how i know...well had one kit same as in this build).

You can uilf this one without all the corrections...it will turn out a great model without them....or do a few or even go in hardcore to correct em all...as earlier posted there is a tweaklist.

I will not correct em all...but a few/many that i feel/ ads to the whole....we will see along this journey....

So come aboard...and hey why not start youre builds aswell...as there are few in this that shure known their BF10ps and can help you with corrections and specs....

/Mal

I would dearly like to join you. However I feel my skills are not up to this quest. I am now working with PE to practice in order to be able to make give these models what they deserve. I'm prepared to wait watch and learn first.

Sensei. Many thanks for your time and effort. :)

You are welcome....

Aa i said...going to be fun...

PE can be tricky indeed.

Specially the seatbelt harness supplied in theese kits..eduards..used them before ..but i will not use them, as they are hard to get to sit nicely belt likish...they are a bit to thick...in my opinion...some like thea...some like coffee...matter of taste.

I looked the one you got the HGW...they are fantastic, used em before so highly recomended....and Radubs belts too...

As ill order them closer when in for the cockpit build....

Not to mention his tools, as i use them freq on my builds....

Higly recomended...his riveter and scribe r file for panel lines....

But no build this evening for me...as i do have bad lower back pain...lower spine.., had it for a few months, beginning of disk compression and nerves get squeezed...as my leg nerve hurts due that....

As im recovering from the worst one...doctor ordinated standing alot and so on...but in a pain....

Tough luck i know....but need to take care of that for a few days and ill be back in the build....

This evening no benchtime.....

Edited by Mal_Belford