Turnbuckles

Philby72

Gents,

I am soon to start my first 1/32 scale WW1 aircraft. I am considering the academy N-17 or the Roden Albatross before venturing onto WNW kits.

What Gaspatch turnbuckles would I need for the N-17 and the Albatross please ? (A,B or C)

ta

Phil

Phil, I'd go with Type A for the Nieuport. Check the molding on the fuselage of the Albatros; the WNW has a spherical socket for the special Albatros turnbuckles available from Gaspatch - it's a ball and socket type joint.

Just a note regarding your comment about 'venturing' onto WNW after an Academy and/or Roden kit.

While the WNW may appear more intimidating and is certainly a greater financial investment, you are more likely to get a better result from WNW than the Roden or Academy as a starter kit. This is purely because WNW kits are engineered in a manner which makes things like wing alignment and u/c attachment much easier than the other two.

I'm not saying the Roden D III isn't good, it is, but I found the build more taxing than say the WNW Alby D V. 

Not saying your approach is wrong, just saying WNW aren't hard assembly-wise...

Matt

I'd just advise to be careful with your terminology. WNW insist on their Camel instructions that the Camel didn't use 'turnbuckles'.

And yet there are obviously adjustable tensioners (as there would have to be) on the Camel's rigging wires.

But apparently, they're not 'turnbuckles'.

Edited by Chek